The Manager, Operations Client Service role focuses on several key aspects of the business with an end goal of enhancing our clients satisfaction with NPD.
S/he will be primarily responsible for fielding, identifying, investigating, and resolving data issues and inquiries, investigating and advising on category and attribute enhancements, and effectively communicating internally and externally.
S/he will work directly with NPD clients, building relationships with key contacts in order to address quality concerns, educate clients on methodologies, communicate quality decisions and business rules, and conduct validation exercises, ultimately instilling confidence in NPD data and processes.
The role requires close coordination and collaboration with internal stakeholders, including Operations, Commercial, Product, Retail Business Group and Research Sciences.
The ideal candidate has experience managing both processes and people in a technical and data environment and has superior communication skills. Some travel will be required.
- Build strong, trusted, ongoing relationships with the appropriate levels at clients as their main point of contact for data inquiries, operational activity, methodology, and category enhancements
- Address, troubleshoot, resolve, and communicate data quality issues
- Clearly articulate NPD processes and decision making as it relates to data inquiries
- Prepare written and verbal communications which clearly convey issues, findings, resoutions and impacts to internal and external audiences
- Proactively provide clients with an overview of data changes due to upgrades or launches prior to data release.
- Maintain an understanding of Industry key categories in order to support client interaction
- Gather, vet, and refine category enhancement suggestions from clients
- Attend client meetings as neccessary
- Provide Monthly/Quarterly data reviews for specific clients
- Provide DecisionKey Training
- Act as key point of contact for a Practice on all matters related to Operations Client Service and data inquiry communication.
- Develop trusted relationships with Practice leads and Commercial teams
- Effectively liaise with other Operations Client Service team members, Commercial, Product, Research Sciences, and other support groups to ensure ultimate resolution and communication of inquiries
- Monitor and identify patterns in client inquiries that could influence changes in coding or DQ
- Maintain detailed and effective communication with Commercial team related to client interaction, both reactive and proactive
- Master NPD internal processes to support investigation and articulation of inquiries
- Manage the internal pipeline of enhancement requests from clients, reccommending and prioritizing based on industry and client knowledge, and input from Commercial and Product teams
- Key contributor to data upgrade planning
- Assist senior management team with setting strategies and direction to the department
- Gather and interpret project requirements and level of efforts without impacting the Production teams
- BA/BS or equivalent.
- 4-6 Years experience
- Comfort communicating with external clients
- Ability to think conceptually and analytically
- Strong attention to detail and problem solving ability
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Industry experience a plus (Watches, Jewelry, Accessories).