- Liaise with Tenant Services regarding any requests for services or information.
- Ensure issues and concerns are resolved to the tenant’s satisfaction.
- Work in collaboration with Construction staff to develop capital plan, review drawings and conduct pre-construction checks.
- Work with Construction staff on constructioninspections and post constructioninspections.
- Work in conjunction with Security to ensure the access and SWP processes are adhered to.
- Fire alarm panel management is in accordance with the Fire Panel Manual.
- Regularly inspects, supervises and coordinates the repair and maintenance of any building mechanical, electrical, life safety and envelope systems.
- Oversee the preventative maintenance system and that it is implemented, completed and maintained on all base building equipment and systems.
- The preventative maintenance includes boilers, chillers, cooling towers, compartment fans, primary and secondary loops.
- Organize and oversee mechanical and electricalcontractors performing base building and tenant improvement work.
- Prepare cost estimates, specifications, and recommendations on equipment purchases and capital expenditures.
- Develop department policies, procedures and guidelines, maintenance programs for buildings, and related systems and maintain related records.
- Ensure all systems are operating in an efficient and safe manner.
- Ensure that all related safety guidelines set out in provincial Environmental Health and Safety legislation, and company policies and procedures are met.
- Provide guidance and direction to operations staff on a day-to-day basis.
- Provide regular feedback, conduct performance reviews and make staffing decisions within Operations.
- Be proactive in responding to personnel related issues and provide coaching and counselling as required.
- Other duties as assigned.
SERVICE / PERSONAL SKILLS:
This position requires an individual with superior customer service and interpersonal skills, complemented by the ability to effectively organize and manage people, time and multiple priorities. The ideal candidate provides leadership, sets an example to the team through his/her positive attitude, and always represents Brookfield in a friendly and professional demeanor, whether working with colleagues, contractors, or tenants. Strong communication skills and the ability to troubleshoot and resolve a wide variety of technical problems are required.
EXPERIENCE & TECHNICAL SKILLS:
- Minimum of five (5) years’ experience working in a similar setting in commercial real estate.
- Experience in a multi-use setting is preferred.
- Previous supervisory experience is required.
- Experience in managing and monitoring contract work is a must.
- Previous project managementexperience is required.
- Strong technical knowledge in building systems and repairs.
- Must be able to review and interpret architectural, structural, plumbing, and electrical diagrams, and plans and specifications.
- Knowledge of local building codes is an asset.
- Familiarity with fire alarm systems, constructionscheduling and project management.
- Must be able to prepare and administer operating budgets.
- Able to effectively meet deadlines and manage multiple priorities.
- Energetic, enthusiastic, flexible and adaptable to a wide variety of duties and settings.
- Attention to detail and quality control.
- Computer literate including a working knowledge of MS Office 2010 and ability to learn new technical software as required.
- Overtime and on call hours may be required.