This position develops Operational Excellence (OE) Tools and platforms to drive transformation across the site in Coca Cola North America Operations. As a member of the Site Leadership Team, the individual drives the OE culture and delivers the OE Vision for the function and the development of OE Capabilities Provides expertise and leadership on Lean Principles and Problem Solving to all employees at various levels across the organization. Provides support in achieving the operational productivity targets and identifying Best Practices opportunities. Works to achieve a sustainable continuous improvement site culture. Collaborates with regional network in order to communicate bench marking methodology.
- Develop process improvement initiatives (e.g., supplier business processes and practices) in order to benefit the Coca Cola North America system and Customers by directing supply chain activities, involving external suppliers, functional peers, customer teams and/or cross-functional teams
- Review facility capability and environment (e.g., technology, systems, safety, quality, cost, efficiencies, yield, Warehousing & Distribution) in order to recommend process improvements.
- Support the development of lean manufacturing processes; continuous improvement, standard work, problem solving, value stream mapping, training and employee involvement.
- Modeling and driving Problem solving capability into organization (Focused Improvement specialist)
- Lead, teach and coach associates at all levels on lean manufacturing processes.
- Facilitate the development of and maintain the Lean Implementation plan for the location.
- Drive lean training and implement a lean toolkit utilizing PDCA; value stream mapping; quick changeovers; Kaizen, problem solving, 5S, etc.
- Lead continuous improvement events resulting in associate skill and knowledge development and KPI performance improvements.
- Using tracking and reporting systems, prepares plans, drives performance, and assures timely completion and achievement of product/process quality and savings goals
- Identifies barriers to success and solicits help from leadership when needed
- 5+ years of experience in Consumer-Packaged Goods industry, Manufacturing and/or Supply Chain
- 3+ years of experience with LEAN/Six Sigma
- 1+ years of experience in a project management role
- Hands on experience using Operational Excellence and Continuous Improvement methods (LEAN, TPM, 6 Sigma)
- Experience with Lean projects and methodology
- Demonstrated leadership skills with the ability to influence without authority
- Experience in business transformation and process improvement roles using proven problem solving/continuous improvement methodologies.
- Experience with change management and influencing organizational culture change.
- Advanced MS Excel and PowerPoint skills
- Green Belt Certified
- Ambition to become Black Belt Certified in 1-3 years.