- The Manager is responsible for supporting the management and operation, planning and leadership, of lending and protection strategies and tactics to optimize the value of Scotiabank’s Small Business customer segment; and to optimize their sales and service experience across all distributionchannels.
- Support the Senior Manager in designing strategies, to increase operational effectiveness, and adherence to Regulatory/Compliance requirements.
- You will work closely with cross-functional teams to support metrics, goal planning, risk management, and regulatory compliance; providing on-going evaluation of progress with assessment of strengths and weaknesses; and ensuring the Bank’s exposure to risk is minimized.
1. Support the development of segment strategies and initiatives to optimize the delivery of Small Business Borrowing & Deposit products by:
- Maintaining a superior knowledge of Small Business branch distribution, strategies and objectives, as well as an understanding of the needs of the business (short and long-term objectives and goals) to ensure alignment of operations, strategy and programs;
- Support the creation of recommendations for process & policy changes to improve the customer/banker experience and enable effective compliance behaviours;
- Lead and support strategic projects, assisting with the development of strategic proposals and business cases that align with Small Business objectives across all delivery channels;
- Represents the business in cross functional initiatives to implement strategies and tactics that drive results across multiple Bank stakeholders.
2. Reinforce a consistent understanding and application of Small Business segment needs, strategies and tactics to increase sales capacity, revenue growth and expense reduction across channels by:
- Collaborating with Key Contacts to identify opportunities to enhance or introduce new policies, products and processes to deliver optimal results for the customer and Scotiabank;
- Collaborate with Branch Customer Experience and Key Contacts to deliver effective communications, influence the development of new sales tools as well as increase usage of existing tools and influence the design/deliver effective training solutions to customer-facing employees;
- Ensuring key learnings about audience receptivity and information uptake are captured and considered for future projects.
3. Maintain high quality market intelligence and internal management information by:
- Maintaining a current awareness of legislative and regulatory requirements, competitive products, delivery channels, risk policies and environmental trends for the segment;
- Maintaining open lines of communication with the branch network and product groups about competitive trends;
- Identifying/evaluating circumstances where risk policies and procedures require changes designed to reduce the Bank’s risk and/or improve functionality and profitability;
- Ensuring the appropriate analysis opportunities are executed to facilitate informed business decisions and recommendations for future strategies;
- Engaging Customer Knowledge & Insights group where appropriate, to acquire qualitative and quantitative information about customer behaviours, attitudes and motivations, to support statistical business analysis conclusions.
4. Act as a subject matter expert for Audit/Regulatory/Compliance issues affecting Small Business by:
- Understanding and responding to current and future open audit issues affecting small business by developing appropriate strategies and tactics to close issues to meet agreed upon timelines;
- Liaising with the Regions and Districts as required to understand audit issues and design, develop and implement strategies and tactics to close them;
- Supporting working groups comprised of other stakeholders as required, including Shared Service Operations, Learning & Performance Consulting, Group Compliance and Audit to design appropriate strategies & tactics to close open audit issues.
Education / Experience / Other Information
- Thorough understanding of the policies, processes and products/services that you are responsible for supporting;
- Thorough knowledge of the Bank’s application systems and their relationship within the Bank;
- Solid knowledge of outside market and competitive products;
- Excellent communication/interpersonal/negotiating skills;
- 7+ years of Financial/Marketing/Product Management experience
- University Degree
- Field experience an asset
Requisition ID: 15329