Falls Church, VA
5 - 7 years
Posted 36 days ago
Become the customer’s first choice for the products and services they need to keep their workplaces safe, efficient, and functioning by leading the District efforts for assigned KeepStock (Grainger’s vendor managed inventory solution) engagements and on site customer service activities. Build strong internal and external partnerships to facilitate success, which will allow Grainger to effectively extend our reach into our customer’s locations and provide superior service.
• Manage a team of 15 to 18 OSR and OSAs to maintain customer accounts and deliver products on time utilizing key tools and metrics
• Leverage standard work based on network wide vantage point utilizing cross functional collaboration, voice of the customer and KeepStock knowledge.
• Select, develop, coach, train, and retain a diverse team
• Identify and develop strong contributors through the use of Performance Excellence and succession planning.
• Set the example and coach leaders in their understanding and commitment to live the Grainger values while creating positive team member engagement
Financial Performance/Resource Management:
• Manage and oversee KeepStock projects in the service geography focused on improving productivity and profitability of the KeepStock offering.
• Understand market conditions and trends as well as customer requirements in order to provide appropriate direction and guidance to the broader organization.
• Ensure proper solutions and resources are being offered/deployed to customers.
Cross Functional Partnerships to influence Growth:
• Partner with the sales team, providing expertise in Keepstock offer to build a strategic plan that will enable sales team to meet or exceed incremental sales growth expectations to meet ROI for KeepStock sites.
• Establish and maintain customer relationships and partner with the sales & branch teams to identify, analyze and address service opportunities.
• Serve as KeepStock advocate by building a strong internal network with relevant Customer Service, Sales, Supply Chain and Consulting business partners to ensure strategic alignment.
Minimum 5 years of retail, manufacturing or industrial business experience with direct site/branch management.
• Strong business acumen. Capable of understanding and using financial and economic concepts to perform the necessary analytical tasks.
• Ability to demonstrate situational leadership in a matrix environment and lead others not directly within span of control
• Demonstrated success in building and sustaining cross-functional partnerships and teams.
• Strength in process improvement, ownership and control as well as project management.
• Able to adapt to shifting demands and manage competing priorities from the customer and Corporate Grainger.
• Effective communicator. Capable of speaking in an effective and influential manner to district leaders and above.
• Proven ability to lead and drive results within multiple locations in a manner that is consistent with the Grainger values.