The Manager, Oncology MSL – West will report to the Director of MSL’s and will manage a regionally based specific MSL team. This role will serve as a key field-based scientific resource for clinicians, academic institutions, and professional organizations. The manager will be expected to manage MSLs in the areas of planning and execution to ensure they engage in scientific exchange and insight generation – to result in demonstrable outcomes from the efforts of the team.
The Manager will be empowered to make decisions and drive results, which will require a scientific background, strong business acumen, communication and coaching/development skills to lead the West MSL team.
- Supervise a team of medical science liaisons (MSLs). Provide ongoing education, training and ongoing supervision. Collaborate with the Director of MSL’s to assign projects to the MSLs
- Provide scientific and/or clinical presentations on Natera products, with particular focus on Oncology
- Address the specific needs of customers by responding to requests for information about our marketed and developing products.
- Serve as a medical and scientific resource for the Natera Sales and Marketing teams. Develop, maintain, and manage interactions with Key Opinion Leaders (“KOLs”) from the Oncology communities as well as other relevant healthcare professionals.
- Review and report out test results to ordering clinicians, when appropriate
- Develop educational materials in collaboration with marketing for healthcare providers and patients
- Participate in clinical research/data analysis and scientific writing
- This role works with PHI on a regular basis both in paper and electronic form and has access to various technologies to access PHI (paper and electronic) in order to perform the job, one must be confident in user databases, gsheets, salesforce, etc.
- Employee must complete training relating to HIPAA/PHI privacy, General Policies and Procedure Compliance training and security training as soon as possible but not later than the first 30 days of hire
- Must maintain a current status on Natera training requirements
- Employee must pass post offer criminal background check
- Health care professionals with relevant clinical sciences knowledge in oncology will be considered: PharmD, PhD, MD/DO, RN, Nurse Practitioners (DNP), Genetic Counselor.
- Prior experience in MSL role highly preferred and/or the introduction of new clinical laboratory tests preferred
- Previous success managing a team of remote employees
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to lead a team
- Outgoing and confident demeanor
- Independent thinker and persuasive communicator
PHYSICAL DEMANDS & WORK ENVIRONMENT:
- Duties are typically performed in an office setting.
- This position requires the ability to use a computer keyboard, communicate over the telephone and read printed material.
- Duties may require working outside normal working hours (evenings and weekends) at times.
- Travel required for this position:
- No ___ or Yes X: If yes state anticipated percent for travel: 50%