A brief description summarizing the overall purpose and objectives of the position and the results the worker is expected to accomplish.
The Manager Distribution leads the team responsible for managing the revenue distribution process as well as all facets of the owner check write including monthly processes, annual reporting process such as 1099 and DR21W’s, withholding payments, Owner Relations, etc. In addition to the normal check write process, this position will manage the distribution of royalties to State and Federal agencies including the CO Board of Land, TX GLO, and the ONRR. The position is also responsible for managing key processes to support the financial close including reconciliations, journal entries, variance analysis, Q/K disclosures, and is expected to manage a strict adherence to controls.
The tasks, duties, and responsibilities of the position that are most important to get the job done.
- Manage a team of employees including recruiting, hiring, and monitoring daily workflow;
- Provide performance feedback to staff on a regular basis and prepare formal performance evaluations;
- Lead, maintain, and strive to improve all systems, procedures, and controls;
- Manage and review the monthly revenue distribution process for both operated and non-operated properties;
- Manage and review all facets of the monthly check write process;
- Confirms timely payments of withholdings, estimates, and assessments;
- Prepare and review journal entries critical to the financial reporting function;
- Prepare and review account reconciliations and variance reporting;
- Prepare or assist in various analytics associated with revenue distribution and production tax activity;
- Ensure departmental deadlines are met, and accurate and timely financial statement information is provided;
- Responsible for execution of internal controls;
- Interact with internal and external auditors;
- Work on special projects as directed, including A&D activity;
- Demonstrate commitment to safety and environmental compliance in all job aspects.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES
The specific minimum competencies required for job performance.
- Ability to work within, build, and lead team of subordinates, outside advisors, and co-workers;
- Ability to manage multiple concurrent projects while staying focused, organized, agile, and energetic;
- Ability to prioritize work in a fast paced, time sensitive environment;
- Competent technical knowledge of US GAAP and Oil and Gas accounting standards;
- Strong technical PC skills, Microsoft Office Suite, Excel Expertise required, SAP PRA Experience preferred;
- Clarity of communication, both written and verbal;
- Attention to detail, ability to accurately reconcile large volumes of data;
- Strong analytical and documentation skills;
- Ability to manage and maintain confidentiality of sensitive information in a professional and discretionary manner;
- Strong coach and mentor;
- Ability to work on assignments that are complex in nature where considerable judgement, analysis, and initiative are required in resolving problems and making recommendations.
CAREER PROGRESSION ATTRIBUTES
The specific minimum attributes required at the designated Career Progression classification.
Support Services Manager
- Competency – Interacts in cross departmental team projects. Initiates projects and assigns tasks. Provides direction to staff on complex matters. Identifies department needs and responds proactively to situations. Effectively communicates and provides and receives feedback.
- Responsibility – Creates and implements efficient processes. Stays focused on key issues and priorities affecting department. Produces desired outcomes through knowledge of employee performance and capabilities. Delegates challenging tasks to develop career paths of direct reports. Serves as a role model for high ethical standards and company values.
- Problem Solving – Recognizes technical issues and employee conflicts; suggests methods towards resolution. Maps out a realistic plan of action to solve common problems. Bridges communication gaps by utilizing active listening techniques.
- Teaming – Fosters relationships by demonstrating trust, confidence, and commitment in other’s actions and decisions. Strives to facilitate collaboration within department as an effective team member and leader. Encourages others to support teaming principles by holding productive and purposeful meetings. Separates personal and/or departmental agenda from team goals. Strives to gain cooperation without having formal authority.
The scope of the person’s authority, including a list of jobs that report to the incumbent.
- This position will have multiple direct reports and demonstrates the ability to lead others on project or work efforts while serving as a resource and mentor to other Accounting department staff.
The environment in which the job is performed, especially any unique conditions outside a normal office environment.
- Consistent with that of a normal office environment.
The minimum level of education, experience, and certifications required to perform the job.
- Intermediate incumbent possessing supervisory skills related to allocation of people and resources. Possesses transactional skills to lead assigned department and manage cross departmental functions;
- Bachelor of Science degree with emphasis in Accounting, Auditing, Finance, or other relevant areas;
- 10+ years of Accounting or other relevant experience, with at least 5 years directly in Oil and Gas is preferred;
- Prior supervisory experience preferred;
- Strong knowledge of accounting systems (SAP PRA preferred).