Guides Children's Healthcare of Atlanta physicians and staff through the grant-seeking process in the planning and preparation of proposals for submission to external sponsors. Directs the pre-award process. Oversees the management of staff/operations and coordinates all funded activities, including development of appropriate grants and clinical trial management systems. Works to increase operating efficiencies and enhance customer service.
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Finance, Accounting, Legal, or Healthcare Administration
- Certified Research Administrator (CRA)
- 7 years of progressive experience in grants management and/or sponsored programs
- Experience with audit and compliance of grants and contracts functions, including reviewing proposal documents against grant requirements, federal government regulations/guidelines, and letter of agreement
- Master's degree in Business Administration or Healthcare Administration
- Research Administration certification
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS & ABILITIES*
- Demonstrated ability in management, recruitment, retention, and development of staff
- Excellent communication, analytical, organizational, interpersonal, and leadership skills
- Aptitude for conflict resolution and problem-solving
- Working knowledge of academic and healthcare systems
- Demonstrated ability to develop strong, collaborative relationships and persuade and influence others
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel and other Microsoft Office products and business enterprise systems such as Lawson, PeopleSoft, Epic, and clinical trial management
- Prior experience with proposal development and the completion of grant applications (including electronic submissions), negotiating effectively with sponsors and subrecipients, and monitoring pre-award sponsored project activities
- Proven leadership skills and the proven ability to independently plan, organize, and complete complex tasks
- Manages, administers, and oversees all aspects of pre-award proposal development, preparation, review, and submission.
- Serves as a subject matter expert, advising Office of Sponsored Programs staff and the broader research community on a variety of areas impacted by or relating to research administration, including proposal review and submission, award negotiation and acceptance, and non-financial, post-award management through closeout.
- Provides leadership for development and review of quantitative and qualitative reports to management on all pre-award activities.
- Oversees compliance with OMB Circulars A-133, A-110, and A-122 and other federal guidelines published by various agencies.
- Establishes and maintains ongoing cooperative and productive relationships with appropriate contacts, including government granting agency contacts and research administration contacts at Emory, Georgia Tech, and other academic and industry partners.
- Develops and implements policies on sponsored programs administration and research compliance.
- Negotiates and manages the award and contract process with Children's Healthcare of Atlanta Legal department and sponsors.
- Provides guidance and review to researchers, research staff, and other award funding applicants in the development of contracts and budgets, ensuring all contractual and financial issues and regulatory requirements have been met prior to submittal to sponsor, agency, or prime recipient.
- Ensures all clinical research activities have appropriate Institutional Review Board, ancillary department, and administrative approval prior to initiating study.
- Responsible for all aspects of managing and leading a team including: interviewing, hiring, training, developing, directing work and processes, managing performance, recognizing, and rewarding employees.
- Mentor team members to encourage personal and professional growth.
- Encourage ongoing skill development by providing opportunities for continued education.'
Requisition #: 23604