Manager of WMS Implementation
5 - 7 years experience •
About The Company:
Our client, St. George Logistics, operates the largest network of independent CFS facilities in North America, along with a vast array of 3PL amenities including Distribution, Storage, Air & Ocean services with revenues of $400 million and growing. At STG Logistics, you will be part of a dynamic environment that supports interdepartmental collaboration, fuels creativity and provides you with an opportunity to take ownership and play an intricate part in our company?s success.
Various locations in SoCal - travel to Santa Fe Springs, Walnut and Compton.
The Manager of WMS Implementation will be engaged in all aspects of client and partner integrations, from participating in pre-sales dialogues to overseeing all implementation activities related to successful on-boarding or new clients. We are seeking a highly motivated leader to direct our expanding WMS team.
Role you will play:
- Direct all aspects of WMS Synapse implementations and conversions of assigned projects.
- Subject matter expert in the day to day operations and activities of multiple areas of responsibility around WMS3PL operational functions.
- Assessing client?s business and technical needs to develop, implement, and maintain integration strategies and processes for STG Logistics Distribution customers to ensure optimal client experience.
- Leading client, issuer, and partner integration's ensuring proper implementation of STG?s WMS solutions and effective collaboration across Sales, Business Development, Product and Operations to facilitate successful implementations with adherence to project completion dates.
- Manage project statuses to ensure that deliverables are within project scope and specified timeline.
- Management of projects including maintaining project plan, developing and use project progress reporting documentation.
- Conduct regular analysis such as critical path review and sensitivity analysis to validate project progress.
- Manage and measure implementation activities through monitoring/reporting, sharing visibility within the organization, and executing against budget.
- Resolve escalated issues promptly, providing visibility to the management team of any risks or opportunities.
- Communicate proactively internally and externally, to lead the implementation discussion with client and internal teams by driving a shared understanding and alignment on changes to scope or schedule and successfully achieving the objectives of the engagement, ensuring resolution of issues encountered, escalating as appropriate.
- Provide documentation and technical specifications for issuer, partner, and client consumption.
- Acting as primary client liaison and subject matter expert (SME) on the implementation of STG WMS capabilities, communicating complex technical ideas to non-technical audiences and encouraging best-practices and continuous improvement in delivery and implementation.
- Conduct training programs for onsite warehouse managers, dock supervisors, and customer service representatives, as well as off-site training to customers interested in using WMS web interface.
- Translate client's business requirements into concrete enterprise solutions.
- Participate in product demos to prospective clients, issuers and partners.
- Create and deliver internal/external presentations.
- Train Sales, Operations and other internal teams on technical implementation and services.
- *Occasional travelrequired.
? Preferred super-user of SYNAPSE, will consider super-user of other WMS.
- Relevant Bachelor?s degree, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 5+ years of 3PL experience with 2years as a technical delivery or implementation manager.
- 3+ years prior experience managing and coaching remote and onsite teams.
- 5+ working in a highly transactional EDI and API environment.
- Ability to understand and translate coding examples and decipher issues due to user error, design flaw, or system defect.
- High attention to detail and ability to drive problems to resolution.
- Self-motivation, proactive team player with the demonstrated ability to provide innovative and consultative technical ideas, sound decision-making and critical thinking skills to inspire customer loyalty and adoption.
- Strong project management skills coupled with the capacity to organize and prioritize multiple tasks and projects across various participants.
- Exceptional communication and presentation skills.
- Working knowledge of MS Office and ticketing systems.