Waste Management (WM), a Fortune 250 company, is the leading provider of comprehensive waste and environmental services in North America. We are strongly committed to a foundation of operating excellence, professionalism and financial strength. WM serves nearly 25 million customers in residential, commercial, industrial and municipal markets throughout North America through a network of collection operations, transfer stations, landfills, recycling facilities and waste-based energy production projects.
I. Job Summary Lead the development, delivery and evaluation of all methods of Market Area Leadership Development.
II. Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Other minor duties may be assigned.
- Execute the talent development strategy, in the areas of manager and leadership training and development.
- Support the continuous improvement of training and development programs by keeping abreast of best practices and new trends with regards to training, talent management and development.
- Create, deliver and oversee the development and/or customization of the curriculum and training materials to all front-line leadership training programs as required to increase leadership business acumen.
- Partner with Area Leadership to coordinate and/or deliver classroom or 1:1 instruction.
- Develop and maintain a training schedule for Market Area front-line leaders.
- Evaluate, assess and report on the effectiveness and quality of curriculum design and delivery methods.
- Act as a liaison with the Corporate Learning team to support the execution of all initiatives and evaluate the program effectiveness.
- Manage progress of the training program. Serves as the focal point for the communications of training program status throughout the development and execution of the program, session and/or material.
III. Supervisory ResponsibilitiesThe highest level of supervisory skillsrequired in this job is the management of supervisory employees. This includes:
- Indirect supervision of 54 full-time employees.
IV. QualificationsThe requirements listed below are representative of thequalifications necessary to perform the job. A. Education and Experience
- Required: Bachelor’s Degree, or equivalent experience, in Human Resources, Business Administration or similar area of study, and seven to ten years previous experience.
- Preferred: Master’s Degree, or equivalent experience, in Human Resources, Business Administration or similar area of study, and seven to ten years previous experience.
B. Certificates, Licenses, Registrations or Other Requirements
C. Other Knowledge, Skills or Abilities Required
- Trustworthy and have a high level of integrity and confidentiality
- Ability to work on own initiative on project-based tasks
- Excellent organizational skills, attention to detail and proven problem-solving skills.
- Flexible approach, ability to adapt to evolving environment
- Strong Computer literacy – Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, HR IT Systems.
V. Work Environment Listed below are key points regarding environmental demands and work environment of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
- Travel as required to meet demands of training needs and dependent on employee location.
- Normal setting for this job may include one or more of the following: office setting, hauling company environment.
- Required to use motor coordination with finger dexterity (such as keyboarding, machine operation, etc.) most of the work day;
- Required to exert physical effort in handling objects less than 30 pounds rarely;
- Required to be exposed to physical occupational risks (such as cuts, burns, exposure to toxic chemicals, etc.) rarely;
- Required to be exposed to physical environment which involves dirt, odors, noise, weather extremes or similar elements rarely