Manages the CareConnect EHR (Electronic Health Records) training team and project plan including development and implementation of all Epic training programs. Implements and documents training or performance support that assists caregivers in the delivery of safe, evidence-based patient care in a healing environment. Supports EHR training strategies, planning, quality improvement and standardization. Collaborates across networks in developing training materials and promoting standardization. Responsible for effective coordination and communication with network partners. Assures existing documentation and standardized training modules are maintained and updated, and facilitates and designs e-learning modules, instructional materials, system documentation and other training support for new products or modules.
1. Implements system-wide education plans and ensures achievement of organizational outcomes that meet project timelines using adult learning principles
2. Ensures continuous process improvement work is being done by the EHR Training team. Evaluates existing and new processes. Ensures adherence to standard processes while maintaining high quality outcomes.
3. Creates project plans including audience analysis, job-specific curriculum assignment, instructional design, curriculum review and effectiveness testing in a matrix accountability model. Monitors the effectiveness of education plans and responds or adjusts accordingly.
4. Sets standards for developing and maintaining the training environments.
5. Creates and implements the strategy for the development of e-Learning and classroom modules as necessary to support the overall training strategy.
6. Develops the strategy for the coordination of training logistics (courses, classrooms, registrations, timeframes, etc.) and long-term caregiver development across PeaceHealth in collaboration with the other members of the project team and department managers.
7. Manages training specialists and credentialed trainers. Responsible to hire, train, mentor, schedule, and manage performance. Analyzes resource requirements of the department and develops recommendations for staffing levels with supporting justification documentation.
8. Assists in management the department budget, tracking expenditures, expense report approval, purchases, etc. with budget authority as delegated for assigned areas.
9. Develops policies in support of the education and training program
10. Develops alternative or creative solutions for addressing various training needs and audiences.
11. Investigates need to meet outcomes by asking questions to best inform changes in materials and training.
12. Performs other duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s degree in Education, Instructional Design, Instructional Technology, Organizational Development, Nursing Education, Healthcare Administration, Business or similar degree or combination of education and experience.
Master’s degree strongly preferred.
Epic certification preferred
REGIONAL/LOCATION SPECIFIC NOTES
Requires travel as needed to any PeaceHealth facility.
Req ID: 166910