Direct, manage, and coach teams across a subset of a department in a business unit or function. Manage processes and procedures. Execute and enforce consistent application of processes. Develop, monitor and manage to team budget. Develop and maintain project plans, including resource assignments, risks and issues.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Resource Management
- Set daily priorities and assign tasks and projects to all team members.
- Monitor and provide periodic status updates on each project.
- Monitor performance and develop team members to ensure consistent, effective and efficient processes.
- Prepare and deliver associate quarterly and annual performance reviews, including performance metrics for each performance objective.
- Following department procedures consult with internal peer group, and business representatives to provide accurate resource allocation for projects.
- Conduct employment interviews, make hiring decisions, and participate in corrective action and termination discussions and decisions.
2. Workload/Project Management
- Estimate project hours and resources required.
- Manage project workplan and resources.
- Develop status reports and update senior management with progress as necessary.
- Write/review documentation and training materials.
3. Financial/Budget Management
- Contributes information for developing and operating plan and budget.
- Develop budgeting process and manage budgets for group of associates.
- Manage vendor relationships as needed
- Analyze changes and provide direction where needed.
- Manage external consulting teams as required.
- Ideate better solutions for tax issues.
- Communicate tax issues and trends to other departments.
Bachelor’s degree or the equivalent through a combination of education and related work experience.
- Significant experience in area of tax expertise, typically 5+ years.
- 2+ years people management experience and/or product/program management experience including budget management.
- Experience managing multiple projects and priorities
- Demonstrated organizational, prioritization, decision-making, analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Effective oral, written and interpersonal communication skills.