About the Company:
Regency Centers Corporation (NYSE: REG) With more than 50 years of experience, Regency is the preeminent national owner, operator and developer of neighborhood and community shopping centers. The Company’s portfolio of 429 retail properties encompasses over 57 million square feet, is primarily anchored by productive grocers, and is located in affluent and infill trade areas in the country’s most attractive metro areas. Regency has developed 225 shopping centers since 2000, representing an investment at completion of more than $3.5 billion. Operating as a fully integrated real estate company, Regency is a qualified real estate investment trust that is self-administered and self-managed, and a member of the S&P 500 index.
About this Opportunity:
Regency Centers is seeking an experienced Manager of Tenant Construction to join our Atlanta, Georgia regional office. The Manager of Tenant Construction is responsible for overseeing and managing the design and construction activities throughout the development and redevelopment process for projects throughout the Southeast market. This individual will have day-to-day on-site responsibility to ensure construction meets standards and timeframes within budget.
- Responsible for construction management and oversight of miscellaneous projects up to $5,000,000 and full tenant coordination duties on assigned shopping center projects.
- Manage the design, permitting and entitlement process for all endeavors, and the contractors and vendors who we deploy on both operating assets and new developments to ensure our efforts can be delivered to the market at the appropriate time and on budget.
- Work with the team to develop cost projections in support of our leasing, redevelopment and development pursuits.
- Prepare and manage project budgets and schedules, solicit and award contractor and consultant contracts, oversee construction to completion.
- Responsible for ensuring Landlord and Tenant work conforms to the lease construction exhibit requirements. Assist tenants with the entire tenant improvement process, including design, approvals, space turnover, and build-out of tenant improvements through opening.
- Coordinate closely with Project Managers and Property Managers and assume day-to-day responsibility for ensuring Landlord and tenants meet standards and time frames established by lease agreements and project parameters.
- Review Landlord’s work letters and construction language in leases. Generate construction language and assists in resolving negotiations regarding construction exhibits.
- Enforce the contractual obligations of the tenant’s lease, including providing all required notifications, overseeing tenant’s construction activities and processing tenant allowance payments.
- Review tenant’s signage and construction plans for conformance to lease and project requirements. Track tenant’s progress and status and ensure tenant construction is completed as scheduled, while maintaining good working relationships with tenant representatives and contractors.
- Prepare and maintain detailed internal status reports for each assigned project; reviewed by the project team, including Operations, Leasing and Development Accounting.
- Provide budget assistance, forecasting & oversight reporting on tenant improvement allowances, reimbursements, and costs-to-date, as well as vendor invoice approval & processing. Direct and coordinate all tenant related activities with the Senior Project Manager and the overall construction process including to the project architect, contractor, and other consultants.
- Track and assist tenants with regulatory approvals, permitting and other agency requirements, including utility services and fees.
- Bachelor’s degree in Architecture, Construction Management, Construction Engineering, Civil Engineering, or related field plus 3 to 5 years of job related experience. Additional field experience (5+ years) and demonstrated expertise in lieu of degree will be considered.
- Previous experience in the commercial real estate / retail shopping center industry.
- Experience in managing small construction / tenant improvement projects
- Ability to work varying and flexible hours including evenings as necessary to attend city planning, zoning commission and/or council meetings.
- Travel regionally and frequently visit all assigned construction sites and regional offices.
- Intermediate level proficiency with Microsoft Office software including Excel, MS Project and Word
- Ability to track and analyze construction costs in order to meet budget estimates
- Ability to read and comprehend construction drawings, lease agreements and related legal documents and capable of reviewing documents to ensure conformity to Regency and/or tenant’s construction standards and lease terms
- Experience working for an architectural or engineering firm, construction company or commercial developer
- Knowledge of construction tracking (i.e.: MS Project) and reporting (job cost) software.
- High level of professionalism and integrity.
- Strong attention to detail, organization, priority setting and time-management skills.
- Good customer and task focus coupled with interpersonal savvy and perseverance skills.
- Good communication skills (oral and written)
- Must have a high energy level.
- Strong problem solving skills with the ability to use objective judgment.
· Ability to work in a team environment and ensure the team accomplishes tasks and projects.