Manager of Technical Services & Systems
11 - 15 years experience • Transportation Services
Responsible for the oversight of Equipment department systems that provide data for analytics, car information, component information, and maintenance operations. Ensure the data produced and housed within these systems is accurate and timely. Identify systemic data quality issues and, working collaboratively with IT, provide the leadership and vision to develop long term sustainable solutions. Work in partnership with IT to proactively plan for system enhancements or obsolescence clearly articulating business needs while challenging IT to fulfill those needs. Lead the Technical Services team to develop or enhance internal business processes with the goal of delivering quality information in a timely manner. Develop metrics from call and email logs to understand problem trends so we can prioritize IT and/or business process solutions. Serve as the Liaison between the Equipment team and Railinc. Stay abreast of system changes, monitor and approve security requests, responsibility for Umler data accuracy, and represent TTX on Railinc tasks forces and committees as required. Provide the leadership to drive change management across the organization as we strive to implement Condition Based Maintenance on the intermodal fleet. Utilize data to measure compliance with CBM expectations, identify gaps, lead change management with the CBM team to close those gaps. Business responsibility for the Maximo system to ensure the accuracy of data and data relationships. Provide prioritization and direction to the Maximo support team for enhancements and break-fix issues.
- Bachelor’s Degree (B.A.or B.S.) in Computer Science (or Equivalent) from four year college or University is required. MBA Preferred
- 11+ years related experience
- Proven leadership ability to manage and motivate a team of 3 to 6 individuals
- Demonstrated ability to develop a vision and drive execution
- Proven ability to work cross functionally toward win-win solutions to complex problems often having conflicting goals
- Proficient in Microsoft Suite of Products including Excel, Access, Word and PowerPoint
- Five or more years of experience with computer systems is required
- Thorough understanding of database development
- Strong Organizational skills with attention to detail
- Strong project management skills required
- Able to deliver strong, clear and concise communications, both oral and written
PHYSICAL JOB REQUIREMENTS
General office environment; may be required to travel. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to sit (remain stationary within work area) and use hands to finger, handle, feel and reach. The employee is occasionally required to move about (stand, walk). The employee must occasionally lift and/or transport up to 10 pounds. Correctable vision required for close, distance, and color vision capabilities.
The above job description is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements.