Position Specific Description
Are you looking for an opportunity to join the innovative, challenging and technical side of supply chain in procurement engineering as a manager? Here, you will enjoy a fun teamwork environment with opportunity to deal with normal and emergent needs for the NextEra Energy Enterprise with specific focus on our Integrated Supply Chain Business Plan and our nuclear fleet.
The focus of this role is on Mechcanical Reverse Engineering. A degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering is preferred. The ideal candidate will focus on the management of production by creating, measuring and driving performance through metrics for our facility for specialized testing (commercial grade dedication, seismic testing, reverse engineering, and electronic/circuit card repair) of items for the NextEra Energy Enterprise including our nuclear fleet. You will use your management skills to ensure efficient flow through our facility and monitor metrics as feedback to ensure our team exceeds our business plan goals. You will ensure that production items are processed with efficiency and quality to procedures and policies that are in accordance with Federal, Nuclear Regulatory, and corporate requirements.
This position will require you to have sufficient knowledge of each of the functions that Technical Services provides (equivalent part analysis, commercial grade dedication, seismic testing, reverse engineering, and electronic/circuit card repair) to champion our services with internal and external customers such that new opportunities are brought to our team and continued support is maintained.
In this position, use your proficiency or ability to learn automated purchasing, materials and receiving management computer systems (familiarity and ability to use ABB/VENTYX Asset Suite/INDUS Passport is desired). In addition, attention to detail and a focus on continuous improvement are essential to this job.
This position is located at the Corporate Procurement Engineering and Dedication (CPED) facility in West Palm Beach, Florida.
Key responsibilities include:
· Manages and directs Analysts by balancing day to day direction for work priority in support of customer plant activities and strategic activities from the Technical Services Director
· Increases management's effectiveness by orienting, training, coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; communicating values, strategies, and objectives; assigning accountabilities; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results; developing incentives; developing a climate for offering information and opinions; providing educational opportunities.
· Develops strategic plan by studying technological and financial opportunities; presenting assumptions; recommending objectives.
· Accomplishes subsidiary objectives by establishing plans, budgets, and results measurements; allocating resources; reviewing progress; making mid-course corrections.
· Maintains quality service by establishing and enforcing organization standards.
· Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; benchmarking state-of-the-art practices; participating in professional societies.
· Requires a working knowledge of the dedication of commercial grade items for use in nuclear safety related applications, Reverse Engineering and Circuit Card Repair processes
· Able to champion and maintain a robust commercial grade dedication, reverse engineering and circuit card repair programs and processes
Employees in this role oversee large and complex special projects. Individuals assemble project teams, assign individual responsibilities, develop project schedules, and determine and acquire resources as needed.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
Requisition ID: 30810