Manager of Technical Accounting
Our client is a global leader in their industry providing technology, products and services to major organizations. Their accounting operations are critical to the ongoing efficiency of the company and they wish to hire a Manager of Technical Accounting that will focus on technical accounting matters pertaining to worldwide business transactions and policies.
Essential daily duties will include:-
- Manage business unit-related technical accounting matters: GAAP tours, research, position papers. Sample technical matters, include but are not limited to: business combination and divestitures, variable interest entity analysis/consolidation/equity method, revenue recognition, derivatives and hedging, restructuring, debt, lease, inventory accounting, goodwill and long-lived assets impairment analysis and fair value assessments including intangible valuations.
- Partner with business units and business development to support activities by providing technical accounting evaluation of potential deal structure for investment/acquisitions/ divestitures, strategic planning or other alliance transactions
- Provide technical accounting support to business units in connection with the implementation of various changes in accounting policies and procedures and adoption of new accounting standards
- Develop and present complex accounting matters/ conclusions to company management
- External reporting support- responsible for certain areas of the 10-Q/10-K filings
- Supervise, train and develop a group of professional accountants
- Maintain and execute adequate internal controls for responsibilities and update 404 narratives, as needed
- Bachelors' Degree in Finance or Accounting, MBA preferred
- CPA required
- Big 4 experience required
- 7+ years accounting experience including 4+ years managerial experience
- Proficient in US GAAP, SEC reporting, including business combination and divestiture, VIE/consolidation/equity method, revenue recognition, fair value assessments and SOX requirements
- Prior experience managing multiple projects, competing priorities, and short deadlines