The Manager of Talent Management will drive the development and implementation of talent management initiatives within a specific division, corporate function or line of business. This role is critical in helping develop and deploy our strategic talent and leadership pipeline objectives to ensure Vail Resorts is identifying and growing talent and our overall leadership pipeline to effectively deliver on our organizational priorities. This role will develop, coordinate, and execute initiatives aligned with our Talent strategy. This will include involvement in strategic talent initiatives including leadership competency development, performance management, goal setting, talent pools, succession planning, continuous listening and leadership development. We are looking for someone who will be data-driven, strategic and solutions oriented who can collaborate to drive business value leveraging our talent strategy, enterprise-wide programs, tools, processes and data.
- Partner directly HR Business Leaders and the Talent Management team to align talent programs to business strategies.
- Evaluate impact of talent management programs/initiatives and use data-driven expertise to provide solutions to division, function or line of business HR Partners.
- Executes Talent solutions with excellence, such as: Leadership Talent Review, Performance Management, Talent Analytics, Engagement and Retention, Internal Talent Pools Assessment Selection and Development
- Conduct internal consulting to analyze and assist with leadership pipeline development needs.
- Evaluate and support program best practices to ensure there is enterprise-wide adoption, knowledge sharing and consistency.
- Track program successes through metric-driven information and make recommendations for enhancements to programs based on data insights.
- Leverage HR technology for process, administration/facilitation and communication.
- Design effective and efficient communications to keep all stakeholders connected, informed, and on track with talent program solutions.
- Maintain a thorough knowledge and understanding of Vail Resorts policies, code of ethics, mission, vision, and values.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, OD/Leadership, HR or related field. Advanced degree preferred.
- 3+ years HR, business or project management experience, preferably in a medium-large company or consultancy
- Experience defining talent program requirements and using data to inform processes preferred, not required
- Experience delivering cross-functional projects and leveraging HR technology, program and/or project management
- Demonstrated ability to use sound judgment in decision-making