The Manager of Systems Administration will provide direction and leadership to their individual team and the support the overall Platform Operations responsibilities. Manages the completion of day to day support and maintenance of Global Service environments. Supports team during outages, escalations, and various Change Management maintenance windows. Supports peers and customer groups to develop business cases, policies and procedures and evangelizes operational best practices for core ITIL processes. Manages assigned resources to ensure work activities are completed and that staff leveling and loading is completed to maintain end to end continuity of services, system documentation and resource balance.
This job is responsible for the administration and maintenance of Global Services including but not limited to Infrastructure Services which includes; Active Directory, DNS, IDM, SCCM, PAM, MFA, Azure, Big Fix, Citrix, Key Management, Certificate Management and Microsoft SPLA Management. The team is also required to provide automation support and develop and implement Infrastructure as Code.
- Manages the activities of assigned staff.
- Plan, Prepare and Execute automation packages and production system upgrades.
- Evaluates progress and results regarding unit’s activities and goal attainment.
- Ensures that staff is adequately trained and responsive to end user needs.
- Directs the team toward resolutions when system deficiencies are identified.
- Creates an environment where innovators can achieve career path goals
- Builds a solidified team that is globally scalable and leverageable
- Confers with managers and staff regarding problems with and capabilities of Infrastructure services.
- Develops long-range plans.
- Broadens the knowledge base for technical reference.
- Communicates status of projects to senior management.
- Assist Strategic Bus with client calls, Monthly Performance Reviews and technical aspects of how CSG applications work.
- Maintains strong working relationship and partnering with onshore and offshore partners
- Maintains strong technical knowledge of CSG’s core server and storage tools and technologies
- Controls activities related to Infrastructure planning and development:
• Ensures the specific execution of specific strategic functions as it relates to high-end, business-wide, critical strategy
• Responsible for assigned objectives and determines how to best use resources to meet schedules and goals.
• Continually seeks opportunities to increase customer satisfaction and deepen client relationship.
• Establish and improve processes, and evolve our service and operational level agreements (SLA’s and OLA’s).
Policies and Budget
• Ensures corporate standards, policies, practices and strategy are met.
• Maintains budgets and allocates resources and time for BUs or functions.
• Champions change and manages the implementation of new ideas.
• Evangilizes policy, procedure and processes that follow ITIL best practices
- Leads and delivers on continuous improvement efforts to reduce incidents and problems year over year
- Contributes knowledge to overall process improvements that improve reliability and resiliency of systems/databases
Ability to design and deliver operational efficiencies and improvements
Communication and collaboration
- Demonstrates strong capability to operate and evolve a global operation
- Ability to communicate upward, with peers and downward
- Ability to facilitate teams and influence outcomes
- Ability to present ideas, business cases and recommendations for broader adoption across the enterprise and globe.
- Strong ability to lead and influence change that transforms and evolves operations to best practice
- Ability to act as a change agent
- Ability to work effectively with partners and suppliers both onshore and offshore
- Demonstrates leadership and maturity and ability to influence outcomes
- Must have 7 years of experience managing diverse teams supporting production environments.
- Must have minimum 3 – 5 years experience leading automation projects.
- Must have minimum 3 years experience with Windows administration and associated Active Directory operations.
- Must have strong understanding of Infrastructure as Code requirements.
- Proven history of improving operations and service delivery while lowering costs through innovation, quality and quantified metrics.
- Demonstrated experience with Lean Enterprise Agility Methodologies including SAFe, DevOps, and Lean Engineering preferred.
- Bachelor’s Degree in IT/Business or equivalent experience.
- Proficient expertise in systems administration and operations. Focus on End-to-End service delivery through automated applications, infrastructure as code, blue/green and modern high availability constructs.
- Ability to develop and improve reusable processes, procedures and work instructions to continuously improve consistency, reusability through infrastructure as code principles and effective standards deployment. Focus on consistency standards globally with all aspects of core service management is required.
- Knowledge of service delivery and operational support concepts, guidelines and best practices.
- Ability to quickly grasp, analyze and develop an expert knowledge of CSG’s business, operational environments, industry and applications.
- Demonstrates a strong understanding of performance, reliability, scalability, availability, storage, recovery, replication and other technologies used in complex IT environments.
- Skilled with the capabilities to analyze and translate business needs into solution options that are cost effective, efficient, and re-usable. Define and market standards that enhance infrastructure operations.
- Knowledge and experience utilizing automation applications and methodologies required to deliver an automated infrastructure.
- Ability to analyze complex technical problems, determine root cause and develop remediation strategies for permanent resolution.
- Provide leadership and mentoring expertise to guide technical staff in the implementation of platform services.
- Skilled in building trusted collaborative relationships with execution and follow through, with a strong focus on customer service and operational excellence.
- Strong written and oral communication skills with experience communicating with all levels of an organization from executive management, technical staff, research & development through to the end user.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications, specifically, MSFT Word, MSFT PowerPoint, MSFT Visio, MSFT Excel, Experience with Jira & Confluence, Remedy solutions preferred.
- Ability to read, write, speak and understand the English language in a business environment.