More information about this job
The Manager of Strategic Planning & Analysis will support the Senior Manager within the Strategic Planning and Analysis Group while working with personnel in all of the Firm’s offices and at various levels throughout the organization. The Manager will provide analysis and information to support and further develop the overall pricing needs of the Firm and its clients. The Manager will be significantly involved in performing financial review of pricing arrangements and developing process improvements. The Manager will be indirectly responsible for directing and managing staff in the completion of the team’s objectives and work assignments.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Enhance matter management tools, processes and framework to ensure efficient delivery of service.
- Develop tools and processes to support data mining and analysis for key practice areas.
- Act as project/client relationship manager on key clients requiring ongoing significant financial support and matter management, both internally and externally.
- Analyze and interpret billing information, independently research matters and engage in discussions with the Firm’s lawyers about the scope and cost of historical engagements and matters.
- Build upon existing efforts to develop and maintain databases of information about the Firm’s engagements across the Firm’s practices and matters.
- Enhance and further develop tools and processes to support scoping of engagements, budgeting and reporting.
- Keep informed regarding pricing and engagement arrangement tools and trends within the legal profession.
- Work with the Firm’s lawyers to develop pricing proposals and budgets for their engagements; provide periodic reporting to assist in the monitoring and management of matters.
- Direct and supervise staff, including review of work, training and coaching.
- Promote high levels of service throughout group; ensure service standards are set and achieved by team; provide coaching and mentoring to staff to ensure a high level of service is accomplished individually and through teamwork.
- Perform various types of analysis to support Firm management and decision-making, including, but not limited to: economic, cost/benefit and profitability.
- Work independently to problem solve, applying in-depth analysis.
- Collaborate with other departments including Marketing, Client Relationship Managers, Billing, Client Arrangements and Financial Systems to gather necessary data.
- Provide oversight and implementation of various Firm and office initiatives.
Qualification Requirements: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform the Duties and Responsibilities (Duties) above satisfactorily and meet the requirements below. The requirements listed below are representative of the minimum knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job. If you need such an accommodation, please email email@example.com (current employees should contact Human Resources).
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Accounting or Finance.
- A minimum of 8years of accounting and financial analysisexperience.
- Advanced capabilities and knowledge of Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint.
- Project managementexperience with the ability to efficiently and effectively complete projects.
- Previous experience working in a professional services firm desired.
- A minimum of 4 years of supervisory experience with demonstrated ability to train and teach staff.
Other Skills and Abilities:
The following will also be required of the successful candidate:
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Good judgment
- Strong interpersonal communication skills
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Able to work harmoniously and effectively with others
- Able to preserve confidentiality and exercise discretion
- Able to work under pressure
- Able to manage multiple projects with competing deadlines and priorities