Manager of SOX - Analysis of Routine Processes
5 - 7 years experience • Financial Services
Zions Bancorporation is one of the nation’s premier financial services companies, consisting of a collection of great banks with combined total assets exceeding $65 billion. Zions’ subsidiary ZB, N.A. operates banking divisions under local management teams and community identities in 11 states. Zions is included in the S&P 500 and NASDAQ Financial 100 indices.
We are currently seeking a Manager of SOX Analysis of Routine Processes to join our team. This position is in Salt Lake City, Utah.
The focus of this role is working with the Director of SOX Programs to manage and enhance the Routine Process related aspects of the SOX compliance program for our Zions Bancorporation. As the point person for SOX considerations related to Routine Processes, the individual will quickly gain broad exposure to the operations of the company – interacting with leaders in finance, accounting, technology, operations and with our external auditor and internal auditor to support the establishment of a consistent, repeatable, and sustained SOX approach.
- Oversee SOX compliance of routine processes that include lending, deposit, and investment processes within Zions Bancorporation and its affiliates.
- Collaborate with leadership, internal, and external audit teams to plan, organize and execute the annual SOX compliance program
- Evaluate current business processes and identify process improvements and opportunities to gain efficiencies, especially through risk rationalization and moving from a manual to an automated controls reliance approach.
- Perform risk identification and assessments for SOX compliance related to routine processes
- Maintain and improve SOX process flow charts and relevant SOX documentation and identify key areas in which SOX compliance may change reliance from manual to automated and system based controls
- Assist or lead process-mapping;
- Provide formal and informal training for business process owners
- Assist business partners in evaluating possible actions to address deficiencies.
- Work with internal audit, risk management, and external audit to analyze deficiencies, identify compensating controls, create management action plans for remediation, and determine deficiency classification.
- Participate and support in SOX compliance testing performed by internal and external auditors
- Review results of testing performed and validate results to support SOX compliance.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Information Systems preferred
Work related experience:
- 6-8+ years of relevant IT riskexperience
- 5 years Big 4 experiencepreferred
- Strong banking knowledge of routine processes including lending, deposits, and investments
- Auditing skills, with in-depth experience with SOX 404
- Experience managing direct reports
- Highly detail oriented and organized in work
- Ability to act and operate independently and develop practical solutions
- Ability to work cooperatively and collaboratively with all levels of employees, management, and external agencies to maximize performance, creativity, problem-solving, and results
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, constantly changing environment
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, including Visio