We have partnered with a large Aviation & Aerospace company in the Exton, PA area to provide them with a Manager of Software Engineering.
- Maintain a highly proficient technical team by recruiting, mentoring, training, motivating and appraising each individual.
- Manage the priorities of work assignments
- Manage day-to-day software activities of all projects
- Lead software engineering process group including project prioritization, support, work assignments, interpersonal issues, hiring and evaluations
- Establish a metric based cost estimating system for the generation of realistic project budgets.
- Provide technical direction regarding all projects within the engineering department
- Offer technical, product and procedural guidance to engineering staff
- Coordinate efforts with the VP of Engineering in order to best advance Company goals
- Participate in the candidate selection process for engineering professionals
- Be aware of the status of engineering projects, and create reports as directed or undertake investigations to determine progress
- Assist the VP of Engineering and fill in as necessary
- Work cooperatively with other members of the IS&S team
- BSEE, BSCS or equivalent experience is required.
- MSEE, MSCS or equivalent experience is preferred.
- At least five (5) years of Avionics experience.
- Proficiency with SEI, FAA or Military software development protocols is also required.
- Fifteen (15) years of engineering development experience with microcontrollers.
- Five (5) yrs in a leadership role.
- Hands on experience with software development in a DO-178 B environment with working knowledge of CMM1 requirements.
- Must be able to see and manipulate small parts
- Must be able to sit, stand, walk, bend or stretch in keeping with the demands of a typical office role.
- Must be able to lift and carry components up to 30#
- Must be able to communicate technical data with colleagues
- Must be able to operate computer equipment for both design and programming.
- Must be able to travel via air both commercially and in business aircraft and operate motor vehicles
- Reports to the Vice President of Engineering
About Relevante, Inc. ? the Recruiting Firm Representing the Client for this Job
Relevante is an accounting & technology direct hire recruiting and contractstaffing firm. We help our Clients identify and recruit the best talent in the market and help our candidates win engaging and enriching jobs. Our Clients are some of the best companies to work for among F1000 and emerging fast growth companies in the region. Relevante has been consistently ranked as a fast growth company and one of the largest recruiting, accounting, and management consulting firms in the Philadelphia region. To stay connected with our network, please join one of our groups on LinkedIn .