It is the primary responsibility of the Corporate Entertainment Marketing team to deliver unique, memorable, and world class entertainment experiences to our guests, employees, and partners, while delivering consistent, innovative, and efficient operations. The Manager of Sales responsible for the successful selling and servicing of Premium, Membership and Group accounts for the Las Vegas WNBA Team. All duties are to be performed in accordance with department and MGM Resorts International policies and procedures and legal requirements. At all times, must ensure the goals and interest of the department, division and all MGM Resorts International properties (individually and collectively) are upheld and preserved.
- Generate maximum revenue through a full menu of marketing and sales programs. Achieve team and individual sales goals, KPIs and accountability metrics. Maintain accurate records of prospecting activity, closed sales and personal activity.
- Research, recognize, and actively pursue incoming opportunities and new leads. Create and develop new business by regularly pitching new prospects through in arena tours, external appointments, event attendance, and phone/online prospecting.
- Manage incoming sales lines, assist with sales initiatives and prospect clients during events and games.
- Maintain an active role in all facets of the industry, including attending and representing division and corporation at trade related functions
- Plan and manage group events (pre-game performances, high-five tunnels, etc.).
- Manage all personal accounts and provide the highest level of customer service throughout the season.
- Manage direction and make informed decisions that enhance financial and operational sales performance.
- Leverage information and data to create informed business strategies pertaining to the WNBA
- Perform other job related duties as requested.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Marketing or relevant field, or equivalent work experience in a related field.
- At least 5 years of experience in sales, telemarketing, appointment scheduling, cold calling or other relevant area.
- Proven record of achieving sales goals.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Have interpersonal skills to deal effectively with all business contacts.
- Professional appearance and demeanor.
- Work varied shifts, including weekends and holidays.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Able to effectively communicate in English, in both written and oral forms.
- Experience working for a sports or entertainment company.
- Previous experience working in a similar resort setting.