ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The following duties and responsibilities generally reflect the expectations of this position but are not intended to be all inclusive. Other duties may be assigned.
• Coordinate and manage billing and revenue cycle activities with the goal of providing strategic directions to maximize reimbursement
• Manage the billing department with regard to focus and best practices in billing and collection across all payer sources – Medicare, Medicaid, Commercial and Self Pay
• Maximize the establishment of funding sources for non-funded patients
• Effectively establish and monitor revenue cycle activities to comply with federal and state laws, and payer-specific billing requirements
• Establish goals and metrics for the staff
• Recommend necessary changes to revenue collection policies and procedures in order to improve the effectiveness and efficiency of the revenue management process
• Utilize statistical analysis to forecast revenues and identify revenue opportunities
• Monitor all revenue sources for control and reporting purposes
This position has supervisory responsibilities of all billers, coders and posters.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent on the job experience
• Minimum 3 years of full revenue cycle management experience in the healthcare industry
• Minimum of 2 years of supervisory/management experience
• Experience in the hospital, healthcare service provider, or third party collections industries is required
• Strong knowledge of applicable healthcare federal and state laws and regulations
• Demonstrated leadership and competency in working in teams with ability to effectively communicate with all levels
• Good organizational and project management ability
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.