$100K — $150K *
Leads revenue, billing and collection teams to ensure that we maximize collections and communicate billing and collection events to the customer according to their preferences.
1. Develops and leads the business strategy and processes for billing and collections
2. Develops and leads customer communication strategy and policy for billing and collections
3. Establishes and maintains policies and procedures to ensure compliance with the order to collections cycle
4. Develops key performance indicators (KPIs) to monitor performance and assess revenue leakage; ensures research, analysis and reporting to facilitate revenue capture
5. Facilitates business process reviews to improve quality, efficiency and effectiveness of revenue cycle operations; tests, implements and evaluates enhancements
6. Analyzes invoicing and statement costs and develops cost reduction initiatives
7. Manages the collection functions and performance as executed by internal resources and/or external vendors
8. Manages billing and collections operations and accounting teams
9. Partners with sales tax department and business in the management of sales tax process, including process improvement
10. Partners with customer relationship teams to ensure the billing and payment customer communications meet/exceed customer expectations
11. Completes other projects/tasks as assigned by manager
1. Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, economics, statistics, or a related field required.
2. Master’s degree strongly preferred.
3. 5-7 years of billing, collections, accounting, or related experience required
4. Supervisory and project management experience required
5. Data mining experience with business intelligence or database applications (e.g., Access, Cognos) required
6. Certified Public Accountant (CPA), or actuarial professional designation preferred.
7. Knowledge of internal audit and accounting principles and practices
8. Critical thinking, problem solving and decision making skills
9. Qualitative and quantitative analytical skills
10. Good computer skills with Microsoft Office Applications (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint)
11. Knowledge of database applications, management and querying tools (e.g., Access, Cognos, JD Edwards)
12. Project management and process improvement knowledge and skills
13. Supervisory and performance management knowledge and skills
14. Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including public speaking and presentation
15. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions.
16. Knowledge of database management, project management, call center operation, accounts receivable and customer service management.
17. Ability to collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
18. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
19. Ability to read and interpret general business procedures.
20. Ability to deliver and create high level reporting and analyze data for management
Physical Demands and Working Conditions
The physical demands are representative of those that must be met by an employee to perform the essential function to this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Incumbent must be prepared to:
• Move up to 10 pounds occasionally, by lifting, carrying, pushing, pulling, or otherwise repositioning objects.
• Sitting for long periods of time while using office equipment such as computers, phones and etc.
• Fingering and Repetitive motions; such as movement of wrists, hands and fingers while picking, pinching and typing during your normal working environment.
• Express or exchange ideas with others through the use of spoken word, quickly, accurately, and at an easily audible volume, and receive detailed information through oral communication at usual speaking levels without correction, and/or make fine discriminations in the nature of sounds in the environment.
Incumbent is required to have:
• Close visual acuity to perform detail oriented activities at distances close to the eyes, as well as visual acuity to perform activities at or within arm’s reach with skill, control, and accuracy, such as preparing and analyzing data, viewing computer screen and expansive reading.
Incumbent will be subject to:
• Inside working conditions: The change of building environment such as with or without air conditioning and heating.
ServiceMaster is committed to Diversity and Inclusion. We encourage diverse candidates to apply to this position. Equal Opportunity Employer–minorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity.
Valid through: 3/18/2021