Title: Manager of Revenue and Technical Accounting
REQUIRED:Candidate should have CPA License and should have worked for Big 4 companies
Location: Rockville, MD
Duration: Full time
This is a great opportunity to be a part of a successful Healthcare IT company experiencing significant growth. We have a proven product, brand-name customers, significant revenue and growth, and are backed by leading investors. Here you'll get to work with some of the smartest and most interesting people around; solving unique and complex challenges in healthcare on a scale matched by few companies.
Our applications and programs are focused on making prescriptions safer and more efficient, helping hospitals, physicians, pharmacies and care providers save patient's lives! Your work will have a direct impact on over 170,000 healthcare professionals, 67,000 pharmacies and 60% of the healthcare IT vendors in the market! If you get excited about stretching yourself in new ways, developing yourself to your fullest potential, care about working with smart colleagues; we want to talk to you!
Reporting to the Senior Director of Financial Reporting, the Manager of Revenue and Technical Accounting will be responsible for revenue recognition for all of the Company* s products, services, and customer contracts, in addition to performing technical accounting research. The Revenue and Technical Accounting Manager will help to identify and implement improved accounting processes for sales contracts from the proposal phase through invoicing and revenue recognition. This individual will stay abreast of industry regulations and changes to ensure compliance with respect to revenue and technical accounting measurement and reporting.
Who Will Love This Job:
A trusted advisor and leader who sets a high-bar and liaises effectively with internal and external business partners and customers.
A collaborator who recognizes the value of working with key stakeholders across the organization developing the best practices of the department in accordance with industry standards.
A strategic operationalist who utilizes a strategic and informed approach to make decisions and state revenue recognition positions.
* Research and document revenue recognition position and appropriate controls for all complex customer, distribution and marketing agreements to identify accounting issues and to monitor compliance with the company's revenue recognition policies.
* Responsible for implementing and updating, as needed, the company* s revenue recognition and other accounting policies and practices.
* Ensure the integrity of key revenue processes by understanding systems, flow of transactions, internal controls and recommend efficiency and effectiveness improvements.
* Assist sales and legal teams with contract negotiation by participating in discussions, reviewing draft contracts, and providing revenue recognition recommendations.
* Review and support all revenue recognition and other disclosures in all financial audits or SEC filings, if appropriate.
* Maintain and update internal Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) documentation, if appropriate, for revenue recognition and accounting policies to support internal audits of related controls.
* Create detailed revenue reporting as needed for management purposes.
* Monitor industry/regulatory changes with respect to revenue recognition and other technical accounting issues and develop new processes and policies to accommodate accordingly.
* Ensure that commission accrual/payment process has proper segregation of duties and review all changes to commission plans to ensure they are accounted for correctly.
* Perform other duties and projects as assigned.
* Support the Senior Director of Technical Accounting to identify and implement process improvements for transactions and the Company* s monthly close process in conjunction with the Controller* s team.
Education and Skill Set
* Bachelors or higher degree in Accounting, Finance or Business Administration. Licensed CPA required.
* Seven to ten years of accounting and finance experience, ideally beginning in accounting and audit, followed by experience gathering, evaluating, presenting and reporting financial information to executive teams and external stakeholders.
* Big 4 foundation, public company and technology company experience
* Solid experience accounting for complex financial and high-volume transactions, managing reporting, budget development and analysis, accounts payable and accounts receivable, general ledger, and payroll.
* Keen analytic, organization and problem-solving skills with thorough understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP). Must be comfortable extracting and working hands-on with sales data, account reconciliations, vendor disputes, and other duties as assigned.
* Personal qualities of integrity, and credibility; a proactive, hands-on strategic thinker
* Technology savvy with Intermediate to advanced knowledge of major accounting software packages for general ledger and accounting, MS Word, and MS Excel.
* Ability and desire to translate complex financial concepts to individuals at all levels including finance and non-finance managers.
* Strong interpersonal and communication skills; experience in effectively communicating key data, including presentations to senior management, or other outside partners.
We offer comprehensive benefits to keep you healthy and happy as you grow in your life and career, and your merit-based compensation will reflect the impact your work has on the company and our customers.
Title: Manager of Revenue and Technical Accounting