Join the movement!
Pharmacann Inc., one of the nation’s leading cannabis companies, is changing the way people view cannabis. Be a part of the team shaping the future of this booming industry, where our people, our reputation and our standards matter. With a strong foundation and dynamic growth plan, opportunities to join our team abound in this fast-paced environment. Are you ready to join the movement?
We’re grounded and growing. Based in Chicago, PharmaCann Inc. operates fourteen dispensaries and four production facilities across multiple states including New York, Illinois, Massachusetts, Maryland, Ohio and Pennsylvania with licensing secured in the Midwest and on the east coast. For more information about our company, please visit pharmacann.com.
Under the supervision of the Manager of Application Implementation and Training, the Manager of Retail Applications leads technology initiatives to automate, enhance and increase efficiency in our retail locations, including ERP, loyalty, kiosking, ecommerce, and POS systems. This role will be responsible for evaluating vendor prospects, identifying areas for improvement, controlling change management and documentation, and acting as a point of escalation for any issues. The position will be a system expert, and will be responsible for designing and providing end user training, or overseeing the execution of such training. This expertise will extend from the system specifications to the current business workflow and use of the system. This role may be asked to review standard operating procedures (SOPs) and perform on site walkthroughs to demonstrate system use. The Manager of Retail Applications will work closely with the Retail teams, Supply Chain, Marketing, Finance, and other business partners, and will provide system guidance as needed.
The successful Manager of Retail Applications will execute the below duties and responsibilities:
- Research and evaluate strategic vendor partnerships and Retail system selection
- Coordinate with team members, IT team, and other key business partners for retail systems deployment, updates, rollouts of new functionality, and other aspects
- Manage retail system setup for all new store openings and coordinates handover to support and other business teams.
- Perform consistent review of retail systems use and identify areas of improvement
- Perform requirements analysis and gathering steps to collect feedback from all segments of the Retail team regarding existing systems and potential additional systems
- Oversee day-to-day support of all retail store systems, payment solutions, eCommerce, Loyalty, and kiosking solutions across all stores
- Manage retail system configuration, requiring an understanding of financial, posting, tax, store, item and other setup, and the downstream impact
- Maintain integrations between third party vendors and state systems, including validating data transfer between systems
- Understand Vendor upgrade road maps and how changes may impact the business
- Oversee maintenance of system knowledge base and creation of help desk support guidelines
- Manage team of dedicated system support II analysts
- Support development efforts by organizing internal and external QA and UAT
- Directly contribute to the long-term retail systems strategy and ensure effective execution of the strategy
- Act as the subject matter expert for all retail systems and respond to escalated support matters as the subject matter expert for all Retail systems, including troubleshooting ancillary hardware used by the system
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Management, Business, or a related field
- 4+ years of demonstrated experience managing on-premise or external IT Retail Solutions namely POS, Loyalty, Store Kiosks, eCommerce, payment solutions, and related consumer applications
- Experience with retail operations, including inventory management, ordering, receiving, storing, store & curbside pickup and home delivery process, and related Point-Of-Sale solution
- Strong Project Management experience
- Experience with an ERP system highly preferred, Dynamics NAV (any version) a plus
- Experience with reporting and BI tools, such as PowerBI, Tableau, Looker, etc a plus
- Experience with SQL, Jet Reports, or other query or report building tools (Crystal, etc) a plus
- 2+ years experience with MS Office and G Suite required
- Experience creating and maintaining end user training documentation.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Proven customer service and interaction skills.
- Demonstrated rapport with user base.
- Experience with state or government mandated regulatory reporting systems or procedures preferred.
- This role requires a self-starter with strong technical knowledge, with focus on continuous process improvement, and customer and end user support.
- Occasional multi-state travel will be required.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
PharmaCann, LLC provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age disability or genetics. We value diversity, military service, and law enforcement experience. Compensation is competitive and will be commensurate with experience. Benefits are available.