Description: Oversees operations team performance. Manages and directs activities of members of the operational team consisting of biostatistical analysts, data specialist, project managers, research specialists, research assistants and others as necessary. Collaborates with and supports investigators in conducting research and evaluation projects by providing appropriate resource allocation and technical expertise to ensure the success of studies and projects. As part of the IHR research team, demonstrates the knowledge, skills and abilities to manage and conduct aspects of research as well as serve as a coach and mentor to staff. Acts as a working manager, serving as a contributor on externally funded research projects and programs.
- Supervises and coaches research personnel.
- Assigns and supports staffing requirements for research projects, planning work schedules and adhering to time lines.
- Interviews, selects, assesses, coaches and evaluates the performance of operational staff. Provides training and assistance necessary to ensure effective staff development.
- Assists in preparing and administering strategies for the team and the IHR.
- Assists in preparing and administering the budget for the Operations team.
- Actively develops and participates in educational forums.
- Coordinates with the HIPAA compliance officer to make sure all recruitments, patient interviews, focus groups and surveys meet the required HIPAA guidelines.
- Communicates and adheres to KP policies with staff members. Follows KPCO's Principles of Responsibility.
- Collaborates with investigators in development and submission of large federal or foundation grants.
- Assists in writing sections of papers, proposals, and presentations. May take the lead role in manuscript writing.
- May present methodological study findings at professional/scientific meetings.
- Collaborates with investigators on the development and design of research projects to ensure that appropriate implementation and resource guidelines are followed.
- Minimum six (6) years of experience in health care research OR a minimum two (2) years of experience in team leadership.
- Bachelor's degree in social or behavioral sciences, health services, public health, statistics, or health economics.
License, Certification, Registration
- Knowledge of research regulations and policies.
- Demonstrated leadership qualities and decision making skills.
- Exhibit high degree of social, ethical, and organizational norms.
- Master's degreepreferred.
Job Number: 662835