Manager of Reinsurance Accounting
$130-$150K + Bonus
Top Ceded professional will be responsible for monitoring and managing the day to day operations as well as reviewing and supporting monthly/quarterly journal entries, regulatory and management reporting for the non-marine divisions. The position requires strong Excel skills. This role blends Finance, ceded accounting and operations to create core deliverables in support of the entire organization. This position will manage 1 Senior Accountant and 1 Staff Accountant.
- Prepare ceded reinsurance quarterly underwriting results and analysis for internal and external reporting on a GAAP, Statutory, and Management reporting basis.
- Analyze and explain variances in quarterly and annual comparison periods.
- Responsible for managing operational data and ensuring data integrity and accuracy.
- Responsible for review and approval of monthly and quarterly ceded journal entries and accruals.
- Review treaty, FAC and proportional calculations, entries, billings, receipts and disbursements.
- Oversee the calculation, booking, billing and collection of all ceded profit commissions/ and sliding scale commissions.
- Assist with implementation of new ceded system.
- Lead and assist with Ad Hoc reporting and special projects.
- Drive continuous improvement of the reinsurance accounting cycle to shorten close cycles, improve controls and expand understanding.
- Mentor and develop staff.
Required Skill, Knowledge and Behavioral Characteristics
- 8 plus years of experience in ceded reinsurance or insurance.
- Prior supervisory experiencerequired.
- BS in Accounting, Finance or Insurance.
- Curiosity and commitment to understand complex financial transactions.
- Advanced Excel skills and familiarity with Access, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Strong organizational and multi-tasking capabilities, with the flexibility to re-prioritize as needed.
- Experience with Genius, Sapiens and/or PeopleSoft a plus.
- Enthusiasm for working in a fast-paced, dynamic, growth-oriented environment.
if qualified, e-mail resume and you will be contacted