Munson Healthcare is seeking a Regional Marketing Manager for Munson Healthcare's Northeast Region which includes the markets served by Charlevoix Hospital, Otsego Memorial Hospital, and Grayling Hospital. Reporting directly to the System Director, Marketing and Corporate Communications, this role will lead the development and implementation of go-to-market strategies and community outreach initiatives within the Northeast Region.
Working with the local entity CEOs and senior leaders throughout the region, the position will serve as a liaison between the region and Munson Healthcare (MHC) Marketing and Corporate Communications Corporate Shared Services team. The ideal candidate must be able to align high-level strategies from MHC to their region and vice versa as they will ultimately be accountable for all regional marketing efforts, media relations, social media and related activities to ensure they meet local community needs.
- Bachelor's degree in marketing, communications, or related field; advanced degree a plus.
- Minimum 10 years of marketing and public relations experience, preferably in a complex, highly matrixed corporate or consultative environment. Health care experience preferred.
- Ability to think strategically and analytically, and make sound decisions quickly and efficiently to deliver multiple work streams on time and on budget.
- Innovative thinker, with a track record for translating strategic thinking into action plans and output.
- Proven experience in conceptualizing marketing concepts that drive differentiation in a competitive market.
- Demonstrated knowledge and team leadership of community engagement strategies, media relations, social media, and content marketing.
- Experience in working with and building relationships with a broad cross-section of stakeholders and influencers.
- Exceptional written, oral, and presentation skills.
- Reports to System Director, Marketing and Corporate Communications
POPULATIONS SERVED, COMPETENCIES, INCLUDING AGE OF PATIENTS SERVED
Cares for patients in the age category(s) checked below:
X No direct clinical contact with patients
- Supports the Mission, Vision and Values of Munson Healthcare.
- Embraces and supports the Performance Improvement philosophy of Munson Healthcare.
- Promotes personal and patient safety.
- Uses effective customer service/interpersonal skills at all times.
- Accountable for annual marketing budget assigned to the region.
- Attends Senior Leadership Team meetings at each entity within the region to align marketing and communication initiatives with regional and organizational priorities.
- Develops annual regional marketing and community outreach plan in collaboration with regional marketing team members, regional Senior Leadership Team, (MHC) Marketing and Corporate Communications Corporate Shared Services, and Physician Services. Determines how to leverage and implement Munson Healthcare system-wide marketing campaigns to meet the specific needs of the region.
- Works collaboratively with Sr. Strategy Specialists to define target audiences, understand regional demographics, and prioritize regional marketing opportunities using available market research, population data, and marketing analytics.
- Accountable for meeting regional, measurable goals that align with overall system goals. Assists in the creation of KPIs and ongoing measurement of progress to create reports that roll up to overall MHC marketing goals.
- Owns, protects and communicates the Munson Healthcare brand promise across the region, actively represents MHC at community events, and seeks to develop new partnerships within the region.
- Accountable for internal communications to employees within the region with the goal of keeping staff informed and engaged. Oversees local internal newsletters, deployment of safety and wellness campaigns, and supports the needs of Human Resources at each entity within the region.
- Manages Munson Healthcare's reputation by serving as a PR and media relations contact for the region. Develops relationships with local media organizations, proactively manages local PR strategies, participates in the development of news releases and key messages, and responds to media requests as needed. Will require on call duties.
- Manages local crisis communication plans, and serves as a Public Information Officer for all entities in the region during emergencies. Actively participates on the Emergency Management Committees at each entity, and other MHC committees as assigned. Organizes and participates in annual emergency management drills for local MHC entities and Region 7.
- Continuously works to improve physician communication and engagement within the region and throughout the MHC system.
- Manages direct reports and creates a collaborative, trusting environment that ensures the free flow of new ideas and supports the creative process and career development of team members.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned.