Under limited supervision, develops, implements, coordinates, and manages compliance to Oberg Industries Quality Policy and Quality Management System to support OI’s goals and strategies by performing the following duties.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following.
- Responsible for working with all functional areas of the company to successfully support and maintain our Quality Certifications (ISO, AS, etc).
- Leads OI in the implementation of new Quality Management Systems and Standards.
- Develops initial and subsequent modifications of OI Quality Management System and Standard Programs and identifies areas of responsibility, personnel requirements, Operational Quality Procedures, and Work Instructions in compliance to those systems and programs. Strong emphasis on Risk Management throughout.
- Be a key contributor in the development of Safe Job Procedures (SJP’s) that are in line with our Operational Quality Management Procedures and Work Instructions.
- Work with Suppliers and Sub-contractors to ensure they adhere to OI Quality Management System, Standards and performance expectations, as necessary.
- Defines and initiates appropriate training in compliance to OI quality management systems and standards.
- Participate in the development and implementation of training programs for all OI personnel.
- Participate in the development and implementation of the OI Learning Management System. (LMS)
- Responsible and leads team to define and manage tool calibration program in compliance to the standards.
- As necessary, works with OI customers regarding their Quality Management System, Quality Standards, Specifications, and Total Quality expectations.
- Analyzes, evaluates, and presents information concerning factors such as business situations, production capabilities, manufacturing problems, economic trends, in the vein of Quality Management System Improvements.
- Works with manufacturing personnel in formulating and establishing company policies, operating procedures, and goals as to total quality management systems, total quality and continuous improvement initiatives, as necessary.
- Participate in monitoring Key Process Indicator (KPI) information such as Total Quality Costs, On-Time-Delivery, PPM, NCMR counts, scrap, rework and escapes, to work with Leadership Team to propose, lead, and execute continuous improvement projects, where appropriate.
- Maintain a clean and orderly work area.
- Comply with state and federal law safety regulations in addition to Oberg safety and security procedures.
- Adhere to company policies and state and federal laws and regulations, including promoting a workplace free of discrimination and harassment.
- Enhance and/or develop, implement and enforce company policies and procedures.
- Provide leadership and guidance to subordinate employees as assigned to ensure that company goals and objectives are met.
- Ensure that subordinate employees adhere to company policies and procedures in addition to applicable state and federal laws and regulations.
- Supervise staff including interview, selection and hiring process, employee communications, performance review process and employee disciplinary process (in coordination with the human resources department).
- Other related duties as assigned.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to sit at a computer terminal for extended periods of time and occasionally travel within and through departments and divisions.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: While performing the duties of this job, the employee will regularly have to travel through the manufacturing departments. The atmosphere is a climatic office setting, and the employee will spend the majority of his time in transit. The employee will be required to travel to all OI divisional locations.
- Must be able to communicate effectively, both written and oral.
- Must be able to understand written correspondence.
- Ability to work well with peers and customers to solve complex problems in an accelerated time frame
- Must have a working knowledge of computer programs such as Microsoft Windows applications.
- Excellent analytical skills and logical thinking
- Must be able to wear personal protection equipment, such as safety glasses and safety shoes.
- Must be able to organize work and prioritize tasks.
- Knowledge of statistical techniques, ie. SPC, DOE.
- Must have the ability to provide leadership to others to obtain desired results.
- Must be able to coach and mentor subordinates to increase their skills and capabilities.
- Must have the ability and interpersonal skills to successfully work as a team member to obtain desired results.
- Must be able to understand and apply work-related documents such as operating manuals, maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Must be able to understand and perform to job-related quality standards and methods.
- Must be able to travel domestically and internationally.
PREVIOUS EXPERIENCE / EDUCATIONAL QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelors Degree in Quality Management, Engineering, or a related field required.
- 5-10 years of experience working in manufacturing.
- Strong communication background.
- Previous experience establishing quality programs.
- ISO 9001 experience a must. AS9100/13485/QS 9000 preferred.
- FDA Regulatory Experience preferred