Baystate Health is seeking a Full-time Manager of Provider Coding
What You Will Do:
Reporting to the Director of Revenue Integrity, the Coding Manager is responsible for a team of highly-skilled coders and data specialists responsible for the coding of over 1,000 clinical staff at Baystate Health entities including Baystate Medical Center, Mary Lane Hospital, Wing, Noble, decentralized primary care, specialty practices and dotted-line coder responsibility in five outpatient health centers. Clinical specialty areas include heart and vascular, neurosciences, primary care for adult and peneuroscienceical and pediatric specialties, psychiatry, surgery, psychiatry obstetrics and gynecology, emergency medicine and pathology.
The manager will also support Baystate Health provider practices through collaboration with providers, program directors, practice managers and billing operation leaders to identify and resolve issues affecting accurate billing and payment for services.
Additional responsibilities will include:
- Manages day-to-day operations to ensure staffing efficiencies and accuracy for provider charges through creation and implementation of monitoring processes of staff and providers
- Develop and maintain productivity benchmarks
- Identify and resolve provider charge submission and documentation issues through routine reporting processes; collaborate with providers and provider leadership to resolve issues through evaluation of workflow, education and establishing routine reports by provider
- Develops and disseminates coding policies and processes throughout the Baystate Health provider coding network in all regions to ensure consistent, accurate coding for provider services
- Collaborates with senior provider leadership to streamline and improve existing charge processes, develop new processes and identify opportunities for maximization of accurate revenue capture.
- Works closely with Provider Compliance to ensure maximization of revenue in a compliant environment
What You Will Need:
- High School Diploma or GED
- CPC and/or CCS is required
- Seven or more years’ experience with CPT/ICD-9/10 coding of physician services
- Knowledge of physician billing and coding applications (GE, TES, Claims Manager)
- Expertise in Office productivity software (Word, Excel)
- Experience with electronic charge capture systems. Coding certification required
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and strong attention to detail