Welcome to Valmont, where a world of opportunity awaits. When you join our team, you become part of a passionate group dedicated to changing lives and conserving resources around the globe. We want problem solvers who roll up their sleeves to foster progress and innovation for all people. At Valmont, we provide infrastructure, irrigation, tubing and coatings to the world. We strengthen cities. We nourish croplands. We design, manufacture and coat. Our products and services make a difference. Join us, and BUILD YOUR WORLD.
A Brief Summary of This Position:
This position manages and coordinates the performance of security, fire, rescue, hazardous chemical spill cleanup, and general service duties for the entire Valley plant complex to minimize loss of company or employee property and physical injury. The incumbent will provide a staff service “function” to all levels of administration for courier service to and from Omaha as required. The nature and character of the job requires the selecting, motivating, training, and supervising of all Protection Services personnel on all shifts to ensure the security and physical safety of company products and employees. The incumbent will directly supervise eight Protection Services Officers, working 24 hour, 365-day a year shifts as well as any company employees needed during emergency situations such as fires, tornadoes, floods, rescue operations and hazardous material spills.
- Organize and structure procedures used in security functions such as rescue operations, internal and external investigations into matters affecting the company, physical inspections of all critical and sensitive areas of the plant complex.
- Provide both in-house and public training programs for Protection Services Officers in all areas pertaining to the overall security function.
- Provide a fluid and flexible working environment capable of rapid change to cope with any situation that might arise concerning the well-being of the company.
- Establish a relationship with administrative officers, division and department heads to inform them of problem areas developing as observed by Protection Services Officers, in the course of their job duties.
- Act as the company’s representative in dealing with customers, vendors, and visitors during off-hours weekends, and holidays. Maintain company communications during non-business hours.
- Maintain a professional working knowledge of all laws and legal procedures needed to perform basic security functions involving theft and vandalism investigations and /or other security measures.
- Provide an on-going program to prevent industrial espionage, theft of vital company information by competitors, securing of vital records and proper disposal of confidential documents.
- Participate actively in professional groups and societies pertinent to the job function such as The American Society for Industrial Security, The Nebraska Sheriff’s and Peace Officers Association.
- Develop and monitor operational budget and expenditures within corporate guidelines.
- Coordinate cleanup of hazardous waste spills and notify appropriate company personnel.
- Successful completion of hazardous waste training within six months of employment, or assignment to this position, as well as an annual review of the facilities hazardous waste management program.
- Working knowledge of Valmont’s Hazmat training which will include an eight-hour annual refresher course.
- Manage the record keeping associated with the transportation of inbound/outbound raw material, finished product and scrap material.
- Maintain, whenever possible, accurate accounting of all monetary savings accomplished by the Protection Services organization as in fields of theft detection, shipping discrepancies and monetary savings in fire detection and prevention, as well as savings accrued through policies established by the Protection Services organization.
- Responsible for updating and maintaining, Identipass door lock system, security cameras, security radios, first aid equipment, and other items required for the Security dept.
- Develop and maintain working knowledge of the C-TPAT program and adhere to all guidelines and required documentation.
- This position reports into the Valley site Facility Manager and has approximately 10 direct reports
- This role requires up to 5% domestic travel, including overnight stays
Required Qualifications of Every Candidate (Education, Experience, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities):
- Bachelor’s Degree with 5+ years relevant experience OR Associates Degree with 7+ years relevant experience OR 9+ years relevant experience
- Ability to inspire, motivate, develop and direct people
- Experience using MS Office applications including Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Ability to effectively communicate with people at all levels of the organization
- Working knowledge of various instruments commonly used in site Security (i.e. radios, first aid equipment, drug screening/UA equipment, etc.)
Highly Qualified Candidates Will Also Possess These Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in a criminal justice or a related discipline is preferred
- EMT Certification
- Certified Protection Professional (CPP) or Physical Security Professional (PSP) Certification
- Ten years of progressive managerial security experience is preferred