Excella is a leading provider of Agile software development and data and analytics solutions to clients in the federal, commercial and non-profit sectors. We believe that great work leads to great things –- our experts measure success by the positive impact we make on our clients, community, and colleagues. We are growing fast and need passionate, innovative people who love working with technology and are ready to make an impact.
Here's what you can expect from us:
- We care about our employees. In fact, The Washington Post and The Washington Business Journal consistently rank us as a "Best Place to Work."
- You'll work with great people who love what they do: our team includes published authors, certified trainers, and internationally renowned speakers.
- We have a "bring your own device" workplace and will share the cost of a new computer of your choice -- Mac or PC. It's up to you.
- We'll invest in your career by providing 3 days of paid professional development every year, including travel and registration fees to attend classes and conferences, in addition to tuition assistance for degrees and certifications.
- Starting day one, every employee is bonus eligible and receives 17 days of paid vacation.
- You can bike, drive, or metro to work -- our commute reimbursement plan has you covered.
- We cater dinner bi-monthly, and always have healthy snacks available!
- You'll have fun! We hold monthly social events all year long, including a summer getaway for you and your family
We are seeking an established Manager of Proposal Operations to direct Excella’s Federal, Commercial, and Non-Profit Proposal efforts. The candidate needs to be a transformative, hands-on leader, capable of building and developing the talents of a winning proposal team. Responsibilities will include direct oversight and ownership of the end-to-end proposal process. Must have proven ability to write a proposal narrative, rapidly and effectively conceptualize graphics, and provide guidance to proposal writers and contributors.
- Cultivate relationships with senior level internal stakeholders and partners.
- Align with BD and Capture to continuously improve our proposal capability as part of Excella’s Strategic Growth team
- Build, lead and develop the capabilities of a team of proposal resources.
- Oversee the end-to-end proposal process, providing direct supervision of team members, corporate proposal calendar and team prioritization to allow support of multiple, concurrent proposals
- Manage proposal resources, manage the development of proposals, and coach capture teams and proposal teams on pre-proposal and proposal methodologies
- Identify proposal efficiency opportunities, including process improvement, new tools and reuse of existing proposal content.
- Analyze RFP requirements, build the proposal compliance matrix, create response outline and track and confirm compliance
- Create outline and schedule for proposals; remain current on all proposal amendments and modifications.
- Lead storyboard sessions and review completed storyboards and response sections, confirming requirements are adequately addressed and within page limits
- Conceptualize and assist in the production of graphics to support proposal messages
- Work with technical lead, thought leader, book bosses and authors to achieve inter-volume compatibility
- Confirm the solution correctly represents the overall approach and features and benefit/win themes
- Facilitate review meetings to evaluate the technical and management approaches
- Provide detailed guidance to proposal writers and contributors both within the company and among subcontractors; develop targeted questions and interview technical and programmatic staff to extra critical proposal-related information.
- Provide training to members of the leadership team and other stakeholders on win themes, color team reviews and the proposal process
- Write significant portions of proposal/marketing narrative (for technical, past performance, and management sections of the proposal) in real time.
- Edit, organize, and refine entire proposal for final delivery.
- Communicate proposal-related requirements and status to senior management as appropriate.
- Leadership and management skills
- Superior organizational skills
- Exceptional communications skills
- Thrive in a highly interactive team environment
- Strong Knowledge of FAR
- Work well under pressure with the ability to simultaneously deliver on multiple tasks and/or priorities
- Experience working with multiple teaming partners to prepare a proposal
- Experience ensuring compliance with Federal RFP requirements
- Ability to thrive in a virtual environment, with sales resources and writers working remotely throughout the United States
- Undergraduate Degree strongly preferred; BA. in Professional Writing, Journalism, English, or Communications is preferred. Master’s Degree Desired
- 10+ years of progressive experience in fast-paced, high-volume proposal environment, including solutions-based IT services firm experience
- 4+ years demonstrated leadership experience in all facets of proposal development and management
- Expert-level proficiency in MS Office suite and other relevant electronic tools
- Formal training in BD sales processes, i.e., Shipley
- Experience with CRM tools