Definition of Class
This position manages the fiscal affairs of grant-funded projects, establishes and maintains policies and procedures pertaining to fiscal operations, oversees preparation and maintenance of fiscal records, ensures expenditures are in compliance with procedures and regulations of both funding agency and the University, and serves as liaison with outside agencies and the University’s administrative departments. Incumbent exercises discretion and independent judgment, while performing activities supporting external contract negotiations; financial reporting to agencies; and participating in technical writing for proposal development.
Examples of Work Performed
- Prepares financial statements and reports for University and external agencies as needed.
- Analyzes and interprets budget and expenditure information.
- Assists with the development of policies and procedures and participates in office planning.
- Manages all financial aspects for the center or project. Monitors all expenditures.
- Ensures compliance with policies and procedures.
- Participates in the planning and development of contracts and grants as necessary. Recommends and negotiates contracts.
- Sets up and maintains transaction data for internal accounting requirements; reconciles transactions with university accounting and funding agency accounts.
- Ensures compliance with external funding agencies.
- Manages the multiple external sub-grants made through the existing grant.
- Prepares appropriate paperwork for purchasing and inventory reports.
- Meets with Director on a regular basis.
- Performs similar or related duties as assigned or required.
These essential functions include, but are not limited to, the following. Additional essential functions may be identified and included by the hiring department.
- Manages the fiscal affairs of grant-funded projects.
- Establishes and maintains policies and procedures as it relates to the fiscal operations.
- Ensures compliance with University policy and procedures and funding agencies guidelines.
- Serves as liaison with outside agencies and the University’s administrative departments.
Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university.
Three (3) years of experience related to the above described duties.
Related experience may be substituted for education, on a basis set forth and approved by the Department of Human Resources.