The Benefitfocus Platform offering is focused on giving employees a better way to understand their benefits options. The Platform also provides a powerful suite of tools for Benefits Administrators, Brokers, Consumers, and Carrier Administrators to support their benefits strategy. This includes deep business intelligence, communication tools, online billing, sales enablement, and administrative tools to drive efficiency.
The Manager of Product Owners acts as the manager and coach for all Product Owners working on the portfolio of products that support the consumer and administrative experience of benefits management, distribution, invoicing, sales and data exchange for the Carrier market. The Manager leads a team of Product Owners who are responsible for working in partnership with technology portfolio owners, product managers, and engineering to lead the decomposition and execution of epics through cross-functional teams of Product Management, User Experience, User Research, Quality and Engineering to drive the Benefitfocus portfolio of products forward.
The Manager of Product Owners is responsible for ensuring that the Product Owners have a clear definition of their roles, measurable goals that are in direct alignment with the strategies of the Employer Portfolio. The Manager works closely with the Senior Director of Product Management on overall product and market strategy.
- Coaching, professional development, agile methodologies and support of 5 – 7 Product Owners
- Product health and profitability of each area of the portfolio that is lead by the Product Owners (Financials, Software Quality, Scalability, Performance, Infrastructure)
- Ensuring Product Owners are leading prioritization and resource planning at their team level including trade-off decisions for funding products within the portfolio
- Design oversight, coordination and solution direction in alignment with market driven business strategy
- Supporting eEnrollment, eBilling, eSales and eExchange and providing support forProduct Managers responsible for individual product line strategies
Skills and Experience:
- Minimum of 3 years experience in leadership role within product development or product management
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in software development
- Demonstrated success both managing existing products, shipping new products, and managing high performing teams of product professionals
- Proven success developing careers
- Proven ability to influence cross-functional teams without formal authority
- Experience managing technology products in healthcare, employer benefits management, or insurance
- Bachelor’s degree (MBA preferred)
- Technical background, with experience in shipping SaaS solutions
- Computer Science, Information or Engineering degree and work experience is a plus.