Knoll is a constellation of design-driven brands and people, working together with our clients to create inspired modern interiors. Since 1938, we’ve been thinking about how people interact with their environments, and how their environments impact what they do. Our strength in office systems, seating, furniture, textiles, leather, architectural accessories allows us to compose integrated solutions from products and services that naturally work together.
- Manage and coordinate all activities pertaining to new product development.
- Study competitive products and landscape.
- Liaise to outside product designers and engineers
- Become intimate with DW manufacturing techniques, strengths, weaknesses to align
- Products with DW production assets
- Monitor progress on product initiatives to assure both market tolerance to price points and profit margin targets.
- Guide direction of design details and engineering solutions and add value from a DW factory and market niche standpoint.
- Oversee product specs, sku’s, pricing, etc.
- Interface with marketing and launches
- Propose and manage initiatives to improve existing product offering for updated details, cost reductions, profit enhancement
- Provide guidance for design engineering solutions for DW custom projects
- Strong organizational and project management skills to coordinate new product initiatives across the internal functional areas and outside consultants
- Ability to interface with marketing
- Ability to navigate resources at Knoll to the benefit of DW projects
- Strong communication skills internally, externally, within Knoll partners, and in the market
- Sophisticated design sense
5 years experience in furniture design
B.A. in Industrial Design or product engineering