The Manager of Pricing will support and further develop the overall pricing needs of the Firm and its clients. The Manager will be significantly involved in developing, analyzing and monitoring pricing arrangements and developing process improvements. She/he provides leadership to the Pricing team and works closely with and collaborates with other Firm departments, lawyers and Firm management as necessary.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Create models to assess financial impact of pricing proposals and assist in the development of creative pricing solutions in response to client demands
- Lead efforts to track and report on complex and alternative fee arrangements to lawyers and firm management
- Act as key resource on select clients requiring ongoing significant financial support and matter management, both internally and externally.
- Assist with development of budgeting tools and provide ongoing support and reporting
- Manage standard billing rates for all Firm timekeepers, including the annual standard rate review process
- Assist partners and the marketing department in responding to RFPs
- Develop tools and processes to support data mining and analysis for key practice areas.
- Enhance and further develop tools and processes to support scoping of engagements and reporting.
- Keep informed regarding pricing and engagement arrangement tools and trends within the legal profession.
- Direct and supervise staff, including review of work, training and coaching.
- Promote high levels of service throughout group; ensure service standards are set and achieved by team; provide coaching and mentoring to staff to ensure a high level of service is accomplished individually and through teamwork.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform the Duties and Responsibilities (Duties) above satisfactorily and meet the requirements below. The requirements listed below are representative of the minimum knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job. If you need such an accommodation, please email firstname.lastname@example.org (current employees should contact Human Resources).
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Accounting or Finance.
- A minimum of 8 years of accounting and financial analysis experience.
- Advanced capabilities and knowledge of Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint.
- 2 or more years of supervisory experience with demonstrated ability to train and teach staff.
- Project management experience with the ability to efficiently and effectively complete projects.
- Previous experience working in legal pricing (or professional services)
Other Skills and Abilities:
The following will also be required of the successful candidate:
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Good judgment
- Strong interpersonal communication skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Able to work harmoniously and effectively with others
- Able to preserve confidentiality and exercise discretion
- Able to work under pressure
- Able to manage multiple projects with competing deadlines and priorities