The PMO Manager is a results-oriented, innovative individual who is responsible for directing and overseeing the Project Management Office to ensure IT and F&A programs and projects meet organization goals and requirements. Oversees the PMO process implementation and ensures that information concerning content (e.g. portfolio status, risks, issues) passes to and from sponsors and portfolio owners. Deeply involved in improving the consistency, predictability and efficiency of the organization project delivery capability. The PMO Manager provides leadership in best practices and is highly customer-focused both outward and upward ensuring consistency with customer expectations. The position requires a highly motivated individual comfortable working within a complex technical atmosphere with rapid changes in requirements, direction and environment.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Information Systems. Sciences, Business or other type of degree based on a related field required.
- Master's Degree preferred.
- Project Management Institute -- Risk Management Professional (PMI-RMP) certification considered a plus.
- 10+ years of experience and knowledge in use of project management methodologies and tools while leading multiple projects/programs of varying complexity and scope or 14+ years of experience in lieu of degree.
- Detail oriented, successful track record of coordinating between multiple project/program stakeholders, technical program managers and software development teams.
- Use interpersonal skills to build, develop and grow any business relationships vital to the success of the programs and ultimately the company.
- Excellent communication skills with ability to state messages in a clear, professional manner using language that is easy for others to understand; require strong understanding of the impact of a message on the company and end user.
- Demonstrated ability to manage large, complex projects and break them down into manageable pieces and execute them successfully on time within the budget.
- Ability to persuade, encourage, motivate and elicit cooperation while reading communication styles of management, team members, contractors and vendors who come from a broad spectrum of disciplines and cultures.
- Experience working both independently in a collaborative team-oriented environment is essential.
- Ability to conform to shifting priorities, and timelines through analytical capabilities and reacts to adjustments and alterations promptly.
- Organizational change management experience e.g. change impact analysis, communications, training.
- Fluent in English, oral and written required.
- Ability to adjust schedule to meet business needs..
- Develops, implements and provides guidance related to the PMO processes and policies, oversees the work of project management staff, and works closely with IT and F&A department leaders to define, prioritize, and develop the project and program portfolio.
- Review proposed project objectives and oversee how the project relates to overall portfolio while ensuring the project/department milestones/goals are met and adhere to the approved portfolio budget.
- Leads the identification and implementation of project management processes, methods, tools, guidelines and standards in order to establish a stable framework that supports all project teams and stakeholders to improve the probability of successful project delivery.
- Manages and defines program goals for specific strategic initiatives in support of the annual and long range goals of the enterprise or a specific business unit; serves as resource to senior management for planning and implementation or strategic initiatives.
- Oversees/manages portfolio status budgetary requirements and ensures all goals are met.
- Coaches and mentors project sponsors and managers to enhance project leadership across the portfolio.
- Manages and provides supportive leadership, motivating, mentoring and directing PMO staff accordingly.
- Facilitate communication between IT and business units, including but not limited to coordination and development of project business cases, charters and resource allocations across portfolio initiatives.
- Establish and maintain the portfolio of Corporate projects and initiatives and conducts project inspections and reviews proactively to ensure the projects are delivered on time and on budget within quality parameters.
- Mentor, lead or facilitate technology investment evaluations and selection processes.
- Assist the Vice President and Chief Information Officer in developing and monitoring the IT operational and capital project budgets, help identify changes in the business environment that affect budgets and recommend corrective actions.
- Assist the Vice President and Chief Information Officer in the governance of IT, including the Executive IT Steering Committee to ensure prioritization and funding of technology and automation strategies that align to support the Company's business strategies.
- Works to develop Project Managers capable of handling any projects related to the IT department.
- Assists Vice President and Chief Information Officer in analyzing the strengths/weaknesses to develop a long term (3-5 years) strategy based on analysis of the company's current and potential IT needs.
- Drive corrective and strategic insight to industry best practices, trending and benchmarking to help define and enable determined IT strategies/roadmaps.
- Builds interpersonal relationships to maintain and strengthen partnerships with people whose assistance and cooperation/support may be necessary.
- Holds others accountable to established performance levels to achieve goals; builds collaborative relationships by coaching, mentoring, motivating and supervising team members, influencing them to take positive action and accountability for their assigned work.
- Regularly communicate with supervisor work progress, concerns and question
- Track and monitor portfolio and reports portfolio status to the Executive Steering Committee quarterly.
- Ensure projects/programs stay aligned to strategic goals and delivers planned/stated benefits while maintaining acceptable budget plan.
- Identify risk factors and contingency plans and communicate critical risk factors to management and other stakeholders and escalate issues as necessary to adjust the portfolio as necessary.
- Adherence to all company policies and procedures.