We are hiring a Manager of Pharmacy Operations to join our leadership team!
- Manages and supervises all operational activities of the Department of Pharmacy Services, including pharmacists, technicians and support staff.
- Oversees all operations and coordinates daily workflow of the pharmacy department.
- Ensures compliance with all Board of Pharmacy, Joint Commission, CMS and FDA regulations.
- Assists in preparation of the pharmacy operating budget
- Takes call including weekends and assists in all emergencies
- Coordinates and oversees departmental operations on a daily basis
- Serves as an administrative team member in conjunction with the Director
Department Specific Criteria
- Maintains operating expenses based on an annual operating budget
- Leader in the interviewing and hiring of all pharmacy employees
- Assists and plans the orientation and training of employees
- Assists with the creation of all department policies and procedures
- Time and Attendance Approver
- Collaborates with the director and program manager on inventory management
- Maintains effective communication with customers, including physicians, nurses, pharmacists and other hospital team members
- Oversees daily activities that support continuous quality improvement of patient care
- Assists in controlled substance monitoring and surveillance
- Ensures all packaging equipment and automation functions properly
- Participates in performance improvement, fiscal, and productivity goals and objectives with the Executive Leadership Team
- Ensures pharmacy operations meets meet all department mandated timeframes and deadlines
- Tracks, trends and reports all medication related events/incidents
- Leader in development of schedules for pharmacy staff
- Prepares and implements pharmacy staff competencies
- Assesses and leads change as operations demand, including strategies designed to strengthen the pharmacy programs
- Maintains effective communication with all pharmacy staff (clinical coordinators, staff pharmacists and technicians).
- Participates in hospital department meetings
- Provides administrative leadership in the absence of the Director
- Fulfills all the duties of a staff/clinical pharmacist if needed.
- BS or PharmD in Pharmacy required;
- MBA or MSpreferred
- 3years of progressive experience in hospital pharmacy management required
- Ohio Pharmacy License required.
Security Clearance Required: No
Visa Candidate Considered: No
Base Salary - $132,000 to $166,000
Full-time Benefits - Full
Relocation Assistance Available - No
Commission Compensation - No
Bonus Eligible - No
Overtime Eligible - No
Interview Travel Reimbursed - No
2+ to 5 years experience
Seniority Level - Mid-Senior
Management ExperienceRequired - No
Minimum Education - Bachelor's Degree
Willingness to Travel - Never