Industry: Professional, Scientific & Technical Services•
5 - 7 years
Posted 78 days ago
Our culture is defined by our collaborative work environment and by putting the interests of our clients first. It focuses on teamwork, an environment of mutual respect, and a long-term view that supportsinvesting in the future and the success of Haynes and Boone as an outstanding professional service institution. Our Dallas office is seeking a Manager of Payroll to join our dynamic team.
This exempt position oversees payroll administration. The Manager of Payroll is responsible for monitoring all tasks necessary to accomplish the firm’s payroll processing objectives, including the proper administration of the compensation and draw payment process for the firm’s employees and partners in both the United States and Mexico. This position is also responsible for preparing payroll tax and related compliance filings to various government agencies. Essential Duties • Oversee preparation of semi-monthly payroll data for implementation by the Payroll Specialist;
• Responsible for proper administration and filing of payroll taxes;
• Prepare and submit payroll related compliance reports to appropriate government agencies;
• Overall responsibility for creation and maintenance of data residing in the payroll system;
• Responsible for staff timekeeping system setups;
• Oversee the electronic organization and storage of Attorney and Senior Consultant compensation
• Review final compensation payment calculations and advise management of any issues of concern
related to the payment amounts;
• Support various administrative, reporting and auditing tasks related to payroll, benefits and
• Review and analyze current payroll, benefits and tax procedures in order to recommend and implement
changes leading to best-practice operations. Other Duties • May assist in compilation and preparation of various confidential reports;
• Perform other related duties as assigned. Reporting Relationship The Manager of Payroll reports directly to the Director of Finance.
Subordinate staff: Payroll Specialist Qualifications Knowledge: The Manager of Payroll should have proficient knowledge in regards to payroll administration and a solid understanding of employee benefit plans and basic accounting principles.
Skills: This position requires an extremely detail orientated person with significant knowledge of payroll administration, including state and federal regulations. The incumbent should possess excellent written and oral communication skills, as well as being highly organized. Must have the ability to communicate effectively with all levels of internal and external clients. Must be able to function under short time constraints, be computer literate, and proficient at Microsoft Office (especially Excel), and have a strong ability to learn new software tools.
Experience: The Manager of Payroll should have a minimum of five years of experience managing a multi-state payroll department, as well as an overall general accounting experience; experience preparing and submitting payroll-related compliance reports to appropriate government agencies; and domestic and international payroll experience preferred (U.S., U.K. and Mexico operations).
Education:Bachelor’s degree in accounting, business, or a related field, or CPP (Certified Payroll Professional) required. Physical Demands and Working Conditions
Physical Demands: Remains stationary at least 80% of the time. This position constantly operates computers, printers, and other office productivity machines (e.g. fax machine, copier, etc.). Occasionally required to move documents or files weighing up to 15 lbs. This position requires constant communication and exchange of information with the firm attorneys, clients and staff. This position must be able to inspect and observe information on a computer screen at least 80% of the time.