Our client, a global manufacturing organization, is seeking an experienced finance professional to join their team(s), located in San Diego, CA or San Jose, CA, to work in the capacity of Manager of Operations Finance. The chosen candidate will collaborate and partner with business leaders to provide timely, reliable and quality information in an effort to support management decisions. This role is responsible for implementing and maintaining accounting and reporting procedures resulting in accurate product costs and manufacturing performance reporting as well as ensuring that product inventories and manufacturing assets are adequately safeguarded and that financial reporting in these areas are in compliance with organizational financial policies, SEC requirements and US GAAP. The ideal candidate will possess a track record of increasing levels of responsibility, successful business partnering and leading cross functional teams.Experience with Cost accounting in manufacturing and medical device industry(s) is preferred.
*Coordinate all planning, reporting, and analysis of Standard Product Costing, Manufacturing Variances, and Inventory.
* Collaborate and partner with Instrument Operations leadership team to understand performance, optimize finance related operational decisions, ensure appropriate financial/accounting rigor, introduce process discipline as needed, and safeguard company assets.
* Coordinate all planning, reporting and analysis of quarterly forecasts, annual budgets and three year strategic reviews.
* Drive continuous financial improvement through Gross Profit analysis, Inventory analysis, NPD analysis and departmental discretionary spending analysis.
* Ensure that financial controls are maintained and that the requirements of the Sarbanes/Oxley act are met.
* Assists internal and external auditors with their periodic review of the financial records.
* Review and deliver recommendations for continuous improvement, and clearly communicating relevant fiscal information to executive management.
* Performs other related duties and assignments as required.
Best Industry ? Medical Device, Healthcare, Pharmaceuticals
Best Department ? Corporate Finance, Accounting
Bachelor?s Degree in Finance or Accounting is required. MBA is preferred.
7 - 10 years of relevant Accounting and Finance experience is required.
5years of experience in product costing and inventory control along with Cost Accounting.
General Accounting and Finance are all required (manufacturing, medical device preferred).
Experience leading or supervising a team of direct reports is required.
Possess a track record of increasing levels of responsibility, successful business partnering and leading cross functional teams.
Ability to effectively partner with senior management is required to be effective in this role
Demonstrated ability to improve controls and influence decisions through accounting knowledge and data driven financial analysis.
Advanced MS Office skills (MS Word, MS Excel, MS Access, etc.) are required.
US Citizens or Green Card holders only apply. No H1b visa sponsorship will be offered with this position.