Large multinational manufacturer of consumer products is looking for a strong business-minded finance leader with an accounting background in the manufacturing industry. The position will be located out of St. Louis at one of the company's major business unit headquarters and will report to the Business Unit Controller. The ideal candidate will have a CPA or MBA and 7-10 years of accounting and FP&Aexperience in a large company manufacturing environment and knowledge of cost accounting. This is a great opportunity for an up-and-coming manufacturing accounting professional to step into a critical role supporting senior management at a growing global company.
- Oversee FP&A activities including: month end analysis, reporting and management communications, monthly forecasting, annual and long term planning and budgeting
- Key Business Partner to operations, accounting, HR, MIS and finance leads including: revenue generation or cost reduction opportunity identification and implementation, profitability analysis and improvement, working capital management, identify and implement operational efficiencies, continuous improvement and process improvement initiatives, benchmarking, define and set strategy, in addition to delivering top notch customer service internally and externally as the face of the finance organization
- Ensure compliance with GAAP, SOX, and company financial policies
- Cost accounting practices and policies
- Oversee contract negotiations for customer, vendor, labor, warehouse and natural gas contracts
- Oversee financial modeling, what if scenarios, capital and investment justifications, ROI analysis and board and bank presentations
- Drive standardization and best practice efforts for the organization (one consistent and standard way)
- Partner with Management Information Systems (MIS) to streamline KPI's and business information
- Lead, supervise and develop a team of 4 financial analyst
- Special projects as assigned
- Bachelor's degree in accounting; CPA, MBA and/or Lean Six Sigma certification preferred.
- 7-10 years of total experience in Accounting/Finance; manufacturing operations financepreferred.
- Experienced in financial accounting, financial planning & analysis, cost accounting, leansix sigma, and manufacturing processes.
- Ability to effectively communicate with all levels of employees, from staff to VP
- Strong business acumen
- Experience with Hyperion a plus