Manages the resources and daily activities of a nursing department while ensuring environmental factors support high standards of patient care. Assists in the training and development of new and existing staff members. Creates and maintains an environment that is conducive to learning transfer. Coordinates the activities of the unit for each shift and directs, organizes, and assigns work to the nursing staff. Provides patient care as needed.
- Schedules nursing staff to specific shifts, taking into account past utilization trends. Measures employee performance. Assists in the training of new staff members and the development of existing staff members.
- Coordinates the activities of the unit during a particular shift and directs, organizes, and assigns work to the nursing staff.
- Assesses, monitors, and educates the nursing staff on patient care. Institutes emergency procedures as necessary.
- Provides nursing care to patients on an as needed basis.
- Knowledge, insight, and understanding of business concepts, tools, and processes that are needed for making sound decisions in the context of the company's business; ability to apply this knowledge appropriately in both clinical and non-clinical situations.
- Knowledge of the decision-making process and associated tools and techniques; ability to accurately analyze situations and reach productive decisions based on informed judgment.
- Understanding of the business value of diverse perspectives and opinions and ability to understand, appreciate and employ the unique contributions of associates of varied cultures, nationalities, ethnic backgrounds, genders, ages, points of view, etc.
- Knowledge of and ability to use industry standards, evidence-based practice and policies and procedures relevant to function and organization.
- Knowledge of healthcare policies for all clinical practices and applicable laws and regulations governing proper clinical practice; ability to demonstrate ethical behavior in diverse situations.
- Knowledge of the factors contributing to quality patient care, and the ability to influence these factors in a positive way.
Education and Experience:
- Experience: Minimum of three (3) years of nursing experience and one (1) year of leadership experience.
- Education: Bachelor's Degree in Nursing
- Licensure: Registered Nursing License (RN), Basic Life Support (BLS)