The Marketing Department of Arnold & Porter has an opening for a Manager of Marketing Operations in the DC office. The Manager is responsible for the day-to-day operations of the Marketing Department including facilitating the smooth administrative functioning of the team and the Department’s interaction with other resources in the Firm.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Development and ongoing management of the Marketing Department Budget
• Facilitating the development of the Firmwide Business Development budgets and expense approvals.
• Working closely with Marketing Directors to manage the administrative requirements for strategic projects and initiatives.
• Managing the onboarding and lateral attorney integration process within the Marketing Team.
• Scheduling and assisting in the planning and organization for Practice Chair and Partner/Counsel meetings.
• Coordinating the Marketing Department resources around new A&P office openings
• Managing and facilitating relationships with Marketing vendors including photographers, videographers and others as needed across firm-wide offices.
• Working with the Firm and Marketing Department resources to implement projects like the Arnold & Porter History project and Alumni initiative.
• Manage the compliance of Marketing Department contracts with HBR Consulting and other relevant departments.
• Creating and maintaining the department org charts, job descriptions and job postings.
• Interfacing with administration on Marketing Department space and equipment requirements.
• Coordinating orientation and integration of the Marketing team staff firm-wide.
• Managing the Marketing Department Intranet pages.
• Development of Marketing Department Policy and Procedures documentation and communication.
• Planning the Marketing Department meetings, retreats and social gatherings.
• A Bachelor’s degree in Marketing or Business is preferred.
• Minimum of six years of marketing communications or related business management required (in the professional services area desired.)
• Previous law firm marketing experience a significant plus.
• Strong computer skills; preferred proficiency in MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint required.
• Expert in managing, analyzing and reporting in Excel.
• Experienced user of PowerPoint to create reports, org. charts, and graphs.
• Demonstrate a high degree of trustworthiness in handling confidential and sensitive information.
• Exceptional judgment, flexibility and professionalism, and the ability to lead effectively while being a team player.
• Excellent managerial, problem-solving, and interpersonal skills.
• Outstanding organizational skills and attention to detail.
• Successful candidates will be confident and comfortable working with senior administrative management of the Firm.