Manager of Marketing & Communications
The Alzheimer's Association provides a variety of education, information, advocacy, fundraising events and support services to persons with dementia, their families, health care professionals, and the community. The Manager of Marketing & Communications supports these events and the mission of the Chapter by increasing concern about Alzheimer's disease, raising awareness about the association and motivating target audiences to get involved with the chapter.
This position will be based at the chapter's main office, currently located in Totowa, New Jersey and will report to the Executive Director.
Essential Job Functions
- Provides leadership for the development, oversight, implementation and evaluation of a comprehensive communications plan that fully aligns with the chapter's strategic plan.
- Participates actively and collaboratively with the management team, to assure effective integration of communication strategies in the chapter's programs, services, fundraising, and advocacy initiatives.
- Develops & coordinates all collateral materials for Walk to End Alzheimer's, The Longest Day and all other chapter-sponsored programs and events.
- Develops and regularly reviews content and publication guidelines for the chapter's e-newsletters for target audiences, as defined by the strategic plan. Coordinates the writing, printing and distribution of the chapter's e-newsletter.
- Oversees relationships with vendors who print chapter-wide materials, and ensures that all printed materials meet branding guidelines and represent the chapter in a professional and accurate manner.
- Manages and updates the chapter's website, so that all information is kept current and is represented in alignment with national standards.
- Assures that chapter communications are consistent with national branding standards and support the goals and objectives of the chapter's strategic plan.
- Provides leadership for implementation of national communications initiatives, at the chapter level.
- Develops templates, and properly uses existing recommended templates (brochures, press releases, fliers, etc.) to be used by outreach offices to promote programs and services.
- Works in conjunction with program directors and constituent event directors on best practices for promotion of events.
- Leads the chapter's social media efforts, and keeps all chapter social media sites current and updated.
- Coordinates design, placement and evaluation of both paid and free advertising for the chapter.
- Manages media relations for the chapter, and measures media coverage for chapter news, including providing training and/or guidance for spokespersons, if needed.
- Monitors the number of media impressions, to align with the strategic plan and chapter goals.
- Collaborates with the leadership team to create and market mutually beneficial sponsorship packages for fundraising and special events.
- Develops and implements chapter communication policies and procedures, to ensure consistent, clear and professional marketing and messaging throughout the chapter.
- Trains staff and board members in these policies and procedures, as needed.
- Represents the Chapter at appropriate events, community meetings, and state and national meetings.
- Represents the Chapter through public speaking, media outlets and community involvement.
- Utilizes volunteers and/or interns to assist with the above responsibilities.
- Participates in all marketing & communications trainings roiled out by the Alzheimer's Association for nation-wide use, as assigned.
- Other duties, as assigned by the Executive Director
- Bachelor's degree in public relations, communications, marketing, or a related field.
- 5+ years of progressive marketing and communications experience.
- Commitment to the mission of the Alzheimer's Association
- Successful experience in coaching volunteers.
- Experience in developing and implementing marketing and communications plans.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office and Google applications.
- Experience in using design, desktop publishing and web development software applications.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and professional presentation skills.
- Experience in working within a collaborative and cooperative team environment.
- Ability to also work independently as needed, with little supervision.
- Ability to travel as needed and work some evenings and/or weekends, as required.
- Ability to lift up to 25 pounds, unassisted.
- Travel up to 25%
- Must possess a valid driver's license and proof of automobile insurance, as well as access to a reliable vehicle.