Our client is seeking an experienced Engineering professional to join their global organization, with offices located in the Spokane, WA to work in the capacity of Manager of Maintenance. The chosen candidate will plan, organize and manage the plant maintenance functions including engineering, planning, mechanical/electrical leads, technicians, and store inventory with the purpose of increasing overall equipment availability. The ideal candidate will develops and implements the strategic vision and direction to improve equipment performance and availability. S/He will balance priorities, manpower, material, budget, and equipment availability to improve department and individual efficiency and performance.
* Lead the annual development of the maintenance budget and efficiently managing ongoing spending
* Lead the continual improvement and integration of the computer maintenance management system (MP2) into the maintenance and production work system
* Provide leadership to the plant maintenance engineer, planner, and storeroom personnel
* Develop and implement plans to reduce breakdowns, improve planned maintenance, optimize scheduled maintenance, and effectively execute down-day events
* Develop metrics and reporting systems necessary to track progress and identify key improvement areas across all manufacturing systems
* Maintain the facility in a safe manner and to a standard level of equipment availability
* Identify the root cause of all electrical and mechanical down-time incidents
* Recommend and implement improvements in maintenance and operational procedures
* Lead the development, implementation, and sustainability of a predictive and preventative maintenance system
* Develop detailed job plans including the labor (type and quantity), materials, tools, and work procedures for repairs, alterations, and preventative maintenance to facilities
*Schedule and maintain preventive maintenance work orders established in MP2, including job plans, frequency of work, crafts, man-hours, and parts/tools required
* Manage and maintain the work flow process (work identification, planning, scheduling, execution, and auditing)
* Manage career development and training for the Maintenance Department
Best Industry ? Industrial, Manufacturing
Best Department ? Engineering, Maintenance
Bachelor?s Degree in Engineering or a related discipline is required.
3 - 5 or more years of maintenance manager experience in a continuous operating (24/7) manufacturing or heavy industrial environment is required.
Experience with a computer maintenance management system (CMMS), such as MP2 or similar system is required.
1 or more years of Planning/Scheduling hands-on experience is preferred
Working knowledge of PLC programming and troubleshooting is preferred.
Strong electrical and mechanical technical knowledge
Strong leadership skills with the ability to be a part of cross-functional teams are required.
Knowledgeable of root cause and fault tree analysis techniques is required.
Strong communications skills (i.e. verbal, written and interpersonal) are required.
Ability and experience working in a highly matrixed organizational structure within a diverse culture is preferred.
Proficiency with MS Office (MS Word, MS Excel, MS Outlook, MS PowerPoint, MS Project, etc.) is required.
US Citizens or Green Card holders apply. H1b visa sponsorship will not be offered with this position.