Our client, a large manufacturing organization is seeking an experienced Human Resources professional to join their team, located in the Southwest Region of the US, to work in the capacity of Manager of Labor Relations. The chosen candidate will be responsible for the organization's North America labor relations function for all facilities in North America plus involvement and influence for Europe and Asia representing over 7,000 employees, 12 unions and 5 works councils.
The ideal candidate will possess a well-established depth and breadth of labor relations experience working for a multinational organization, preferably within a manufacturing industry.
*Develop and implement labor strategies which support the alignment of business goals/objectives, labor market conditions and financial impact
* Develop labor and positive employee relations strategy for the organization and continue to optimize and incorporate contemporary practices
* Act as chief company spokesperson for collective bargaining in North America location
* Partner with European HR leaders to manage relationships with Works Council and Unions
* Ensure all gains from labor negotiations are realized over duration of contract/agreement
* Provide counsel and advice on arbitrations including decision to arbitrate, arbitrator selection and as needed represent company at arbitrations
* Monitor and assess union vulnerability at non-union North America locations and lead company response to any organizing campaign
* Support operations with post agreement assessment, follow-ups and change management
* Educate and develop HR and Operations leaders in areas of labor relations and processes
* Provide counsel and advice on all non-union economic packages
* Drive productivity through modeling or labor cost, work and pay rules
* Maintain historical records and documentation
* Support and promotes safe practices and environmental commitments in alignment with company commitments, policies, and compliance requirements
Best Industry ? Manufacturing
Best Department ? Human Resources
Bachelor's Degree in Human Resource Administration or a related business discipline is required. Master's Degree in Labor Relations, Industrial Relations or Juris Doctor is preferred, but not required.
12 - 15 years of HR and labor experience in a multinational manufacturing company is required.
Experience/knowledge U.S. labor relations and exposure to global labor relations is required.
Experience negotiating complex labor contracts is required.
Experience owning multiple union contracts across multiple sites is required.
Policy/contract administration and interpretation skills
Policy/contract development skills are required.
Current labor and employment law knowledge is required.
Ability to establish key relationships throughout all levels of the organization is essential in this role.
Strong Arbitration skills are required.
Excellent communication skills (i.e. verbal, written, organizational and interpersonal) are required.
Proficiency utilizing MS Office (i.e. MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, MS Outlook and MS Project) is required.
Ability to function effectively in a fast paced environment and multi-tasking is required.
Up to 25% Domestic Travel is required.
US Citizens or Green Card holders only apply. No H1b visa sponsorship will be offered with this position.