HCA, a Fortune 100 company with more than 200,000 employees, is one of the nation's leading providers of healthcare services, operating over 170 locally managed hospitals and over 100 freestanding surgery centers in 20 states and the United Kingdom. With its founding in 1968, HCA created a new model for hospital care in the United States, using combined resources to strengthen hospitals, deliver patient-focused care and improve the practice of medicine. HCA is a learning healthcare system that uses more than 27 million annual patient encounters to advance science, improve patient care and save lives. HCA has been named one of the world's most ethical companies for eight years in a row. At HCA, we are driven by a single goal: the care and improvement of human life.
The primary role of the Contract Manager is to ensure internal customer satisfaction by delivering industry best in class pricing and outstanding vendor performance. The role requires a strong focus on negotiating strategic, high dollar deals to procure cutting edge technology for HCA. The primary responsibilities of this position are to organize, source, negotiate and manage healthcare leading agreements for technology related products and services. The position will collaborate with various clinical and administrative department leaders in the development, implementation, and on-going management of agreements. Specific responsibilities include bid preparation, data collection and analysis, strategy development, vendor negotiations, contract development and contract management. This position requires a considerable attention to detail with a demonstrated ability to drive activities of internal and external resources to achieve objectives.
- Lead team of business owners, financial, clinical, and legal representatives through the preparation, strategy, analysis, and decision making process from solicitation through contract execution.
- Maintain knowledge of healthcare related IT technologies, products and services and the corresponding market trends.
- Practice and adhere to highest ethical standards in performance of duties.
- Serve as escalation point for vendor relationship issues.
- Manage and communicate project status and results with internal departments and customers.
- Develop and/or enhance processes related to sourcing and contract execution, continuously seeking process improvement and operational efficiency.
- Support the development of executive-level presentations.
- Exercise effective listening and business judgment skills with a demonstrated ability to separate ancillary information from the primary content being communicated, asking appropriate questions to clarify and confirm understanding. Ability to process and understand all information and facts necessary for effective decision-making.
- Demonstrate ability to maintain grace under pressure in difficult situations while displaying a high level of professional courtesy.
- Apply strong project management skills for planning and execution of priorities.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a business or related technology field required
- 7 or more years required
- Knowledge of contracting principles, vendor management, and product/service sourcing.
- Experience in negotiations with an understanding of contract implications and total cost of ownership in delivering world class healthcare IT products and services.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with experts from many healthcare specialties effectively as a team member, coordinator, and facilitator.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to create or interpret potentially complex financial models to identify trends and patterns in vendor bids, financial data, operational reports and recommend proper course of action.
- Certification by AHRMM, IACCM ISM, and/or NCMA preferred but not required.
Job Code: 10207-22740