Job Description Summary:
This leadership role is accountable for IT infrastructure, operations and cloud (IO&C) in the enterprise. The head of IO&C is responsible for the effective and efficient delivery of all third-party and internally managed IT infrastructure used to support business process and services across the enterprise. This is achieved through the effective delivery of IT services through the management and orchestration of people, products, providers and processes.
POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Sets the mission and vision of the IO&C organization to foster a business-oriented culture and mindset driven by continual service improvement techniques.
- Leads the development of the IO&C service strategy and technical roadmap and ensures its integration with the overall IT and enterprise strategic plans.
- Works with the IT senior leadership team on the service portfolio and governance required to prioritize resources, including budget.
- Acts as a trusted advisor and builds and maintains relationships with other IT leaders and business executives to develop a clear understanding of business needs.
- Ensures cost-effective delivery of IT services to meet those needs and be able to respond with the agility required to address changing business priorities.
- Create and manage annual business plan for IT Operations and develop an IO&C value map by linking IT initiatives to business needs and outcomes.
- Participates in the assessment of external and internal technology capabilities required to achieve desired competitive positioning.
- Champions I&O involvement in the IT organization's innovation efforts and its role in experimenting with new solutions to take advantage of business opportunities.
- Directs the development of an I&O sourcing strategy and provides executive oversight for strategic vendor and partner relationship management.
- Forecasts future skill and competency needs to acquire and develop an IT workforce. Requires an appropriate mix of business knowledge, technical skills and competencies that balance between growing the agility required to achieve digital business objectives and ensuring that the core IT functions are reliable, stable and efficient.
- Manages the growing maturity of the organization by introducing revisions to the operating model that accommodate the move from a project-driven to a product family, service-centric environment.
- Act as service owner for overall ITAM, coordinate with other key stakeholders to ensure IT assets are properly managed throughout their life cycle.
- Complete other responsibilities as assigned.
MINIMUM SKILLS OR EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor’s degree or related and relevant experience
- Relevant Certifications preferred (completed or working towards)
- 12+ years of relevant experience
- Deep understanding of current and emerging IO&C technologies and methods and experience employing these technologies.
- Success in leveraging traditional best practices such as ITSM, Dev Ops, Lean and other methods used to optimize agility.
- Knowledge of IO&C frameworks and standards such as ITIL & COBIT
- Solid understanding of IT Financial Management principals and methods
- Exceptional leadership skills with the ability to develop and communicate an IO&C vision that motivates the team and meets business needs
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to react to high pressure dynamic changing environments
- Ability to build a strong partnership with the business and demonstrate IT IO&C value.
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills