What You Will Be Doing:
As a Penske Manager of IT Engineering – Cloud Systems You will be working with and innovating Penske's cutting edge Cloud environment with a team of industry leading experts. You will lead the Cloud Engineering teams and support staff through a diverse range of projects. You will be responsible for the reliability, performance, recoverability, and security of the corporate Cloud environment and the underlying team that manages and supports the environment. You will be keeping Penske updated with the latest technology and knowledge from the industry and implementing these changes across the whole company.
This position sits out of our corporate headquarters in Reading, PA.
- Maintain and recommend information technology strategies, policies, and procedures
- Manage a staff, including recruiting, selecting, onboarding, training, coaching, and supervising associate performance
- Own for team results of enterprise projects by coordinating resources
- Enable faster and smarter business processes and implement analytics for meaningful insights
- Maintain reliability, performance, recoverability, and security of the corporate Cloud environment
- Oversee daily operations of design, configuration, implementation, support, troubleshooting, maintenance, performance monitoring and the development of specialized procedures relating to the use of the corporate cloud computing environment
- Work closely with technical staff on best practice development and implementation.
- Ensure the functional, cost effectiveness and timely support of systems on a 24x7 basis
- Plan for growth and provide projections for business plan
- Assess need for any system reconfigurations and execute them if required
- Research and implement new open-source and commercial tools, technologies and methodologies
- Serve as thought leader and final decision maker able to drive team to conclusions regarding technical solutions
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology, Computer Engineering or related field required. If no degree, then at least 5 years of information technology management experience required
- 2 years of supervisory or team leadership experience highly preferred
- 5 years leading/supervising multiple enterprise level IT Infrastructure projects
- Expertise in creating, analyzing, and repairing large-scale distributed systems
- Expertise in systems infrastructure and architecture, including:
- Linux & AWS knowledge (AWS VPCs, Availability Zones, Security Groups, ELB/ALB, etc.)
- Open source and purchased middleware products such as webservers, application servers, database servers, API management gateways, single-sign-on software, identity management software, ETL software, collaboration software, etc.
- Database technologies such as Gemfire, Greenplum and MySQL
- Strong problem solving and communication skills required
- Experience running and maintaining a 24x7 production environment
- Regular, predictable, full attendance is an essential function of the job
- Willingness to travel as necessary, work the required schedule, work at the specific location required, complete Penske employment application, submit to a background investigation (to include past employment, education, and criminal history) and drug screening are required